Hi all,

Got a Storm not too long ago, my first Blackberry- love it!

I recently discovered the explore option in the media manager, which acts like a file manager of sorts. This is awesome, however whenever I try to hide a file or folder, Media just shuts down and sends me back to the main menu. Is there any fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance all!
    05-06-09 06:54 PM
    I think this is an OS issue. I'm not sure if it is device specific or the OS itself but some people have this issue and some don't. I personally have the same problem.

This is what I do which works but a little pain in the a**.

1. Connect your BB to your computer.
    2. Enable Mass Storage Mode.
    3. Through your computer's Explorer, browse into the file that you want to hide.
    4. Right click on the file you want to hide then select Properties.
    5. Check "Hidden" then hit "Apply" and the file should be hidden on your BB.

A little hassle but it's not like you have to go into your BB and hide/unhide files everyday, right? So I just use this way around. Hopefully it will be fixed with an official OS.
    05-06-09 07:17 PM
    Re: pictures

2 hide: highlight pic > menu > properties > check "hidden" box.

2 unhide go 2 pic location: menu > show all > highlight pic > menu > properties > uncheck box.

Box appears but is inaccessible in other cases.
    05-07-09 07:36 AM
    Please help me find the "menu" icon so that I can unhide other icons that I've hidden by accident.
    05-07-09 08:47 PM
    Please help me find the "menu" icon so that I can unhide other icons that I've hidden by accident.
    The menu button is the one of four on the bottom that has the BlackBerry logo on it.
    05-07-09 09:06 PM
    Press bb/menu key (beside green call/send key) to display menu...it's not an icon..
    05-07-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD