Hey I'm getting the media card error all of a sudden and have no idea how to fix it.
    Here's how it started just randomly I get to my girlfriends house and I get the error but before that it was working perfectly fine.
    I hooked it up to my computer and did the error check and it says windoes cannot finish error checking I've tried it about 20 times
    I then tried to format it on my phone and it says format complete but then still gives me the media card has errors so then I hook it back up to the computer to format it on there and it says windoes is unable to format. i have no idea what to do now and no longer have a working media card so any help would be appreciated thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:13 PM
    Have you tried removing and reseating the card?????
    03-25-09 12:21 PM
    Yes I even put it in a different storm

03-25-09 12:25 PM
    OK did you take the other card and put it in yours? If so and it worked your card is FUBARED...I would be willing to bet VZW may replace it for you.....
    03-25-09 12:26 PM
    Sounds like the media card might be defective, if your Storm is brand new I would hit VZW up for a replacement.

Or you might want to try formatting the card with the Panasonic SD Card formatter, when windows formats SD cards, they are generically formatted to fat32. This utility formats cards according to the SD Memory Card Specification. I use it to format all of my cards:

http://panasonic.jp/support/sd_w/dow...p/sdfv2003.exe
    03-25-09 12:28 PM
    Yeah the card still gave me the error message in my brand new storm

Ill try that panasonic formatter when I get home if that doesn't work ill call Verizon

03-25-09 12:33 PM
    Sounds like the media card might be defective, if your Storm is brand new I would hit VZW up for a replacement.

Or you might want to try formatting the card with the Panasonic SD Card formatter, when windows formats SD cards, they are generically formatted to fat32. This utility formats cards according to the SD Memory Card Specification. I use it to format all of my cards:

http://panasonic.jp/support/sd_w/dow...p/sdfv2003.exe
    I can't format with this because it says the media card is write protected please release the write protect switch

anyone know how to do that?
    03-25-09 09:01 PM
    Is your card a separate purchase from the Storm? If you are using an adaptor with a memory card reader, it may be that all you need to do is move the lock switch on the side of the adaptor.

03-25-09 09:24 PM
    No my card is the one that came with the phone

03-25-09 10:54 PM
    any help on this?
    03-26-09 12:26 AM
    are you trying to reformat while the card is in the phone? or are you using a card reader? you might want to try a card reader plugged directly into the computer and try reformatting with the Panasonic format app. Not sure if it would help but it might.

You can pick up a card reader for about $15-$20 at most walmarts or camera stores (here's one listed on amazon for even less, Amazon.com: Kingston FCR-HS219/1 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 19-in-1 Media Reader: Electronics)
    You might also need a micro SD to SD adapter depending on what reader you buy, but they are pretty cheap too
    03-26-09 02:05 AM
    yes I tried formatting it while in the phone and it said format was successful but soon after that gave me the media card has errors message again. So I hook it up and try and format it on the computer the bars go all the way and at the very end says Windows was not able to format.

For the panasonic formatter I can't format cause it says the card is in read only mode as my above post states.

I'm seriously about to just go buy a 16GB Micro SD card since this one is beyond FUBAR
    03-26-09 02:56 AM
    I'm seriously about to just go buy a 16GB Micro SD card since this one is beyond FUBAR
    That might be your best bet, cards have come down in price significantly lately so it's not that big of a deal. sorry i couldn't help further.
    03-26-09 03:24 AM
    That might be your best bet, cards have come down in price significantly lately so it's not that big of a deal. sorry i couldn't help further.
    No problem, thanks though you've been the most help so far.
    03-26-09 03:28 AM
    anyone else care to shed some light on this problem?
    03-26-09 12:48 PM
    B ring
    U p
    M y
    P ost
    03-27-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD