I'm sorry if this question has already been posted, but I searched for it and couldn't find it.

I'm a BlackBerry newbie (I bought my Storm a couple of weeks ago and am using OS .75.)

I have an 8GB card that is almost fully loaded (7GB) with iTunes music and various photos.

Whenever the battery is removed or the Storm resets for some other reason (i.e. when an application is added or deleted), the card is completely rescanned. This is only a problem, because the Storm takes around 30-45 minutes to complete the scan; and it is unusable for the entirety of the process.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it just the price of doing business?

Thanks for any help / advice you can provide!
    12-29-08 05:29 PM
    I'm sorry if this question has already been posted, but I searched for it and couldn't find it.

I'm a BlackBerry newbie (I bought my Storm a couple of weeks ago and am using OS .75.)

I have an 8GB card that is almost fully loaded (7GB) with iTunes music and various photos.

Whenever the battery is removed or the Storm resets for some other reason (i.e. when an application is added or deleted), the card is completely rescanned. This is only a problem, because the Storm takes around 30-45 minutes to complete the scan; and it is unusable for the entirety of the process.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it just the price of doing business?

Thanks for any help / advice you can provide!
    30-45 min is waay too long to scan the card.

It only takes me about 1.5 min to completely scan my newly installed and filled card.

I would pop the card into your computer with a microsd card adapter and reformat and refill it. Maybe theres a corrupt file on the card.

Other than that, a reinstall of your .75 os might be a good idea if the first trick does not work.

gl
    12-29-08 05:41 PM
    30-45 min is waay too long to scan the card.

It only takes me about 1.5 min to completely scan my newly installed and filled card.

I would pop the card into your computer with a microsd card adapter and reformat and refill it. Maybe theres a corrupt file on the card.

Other than that, a reinstall of your .75 os might be a good idea if the first trick does not work.

gl

Thanks for the quick response; I'll give it a try.

Best,
    Prof0
    12-29-08 10:20 PM
    I originally had the same problem on my curve. OS 4.5 fixed it for me.
    12-29-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD