I have searched for the answer and cannot find it...so I need help on this one.

When I connect my Storm to my computer and look at the media card file structure in Vista (My Computer), it show my music files, but doesn't show any of my picture files or movie that are on the card.

I must be missing a setting in explore file view settings (I have tried lots of things, but so far I can only see my music files)

Thanks

PS I have also asked this on the BlackBerry board. When I have this issue solved I post the results quickly on both sites to avoid any duplicated effort.
    12-01-08 11:30 AM
    I'd like to know also. With the Curve, it would have each folder: music, video, etc. With the Storm there's nothing at all. (However the phone does read the files correctly.)
    12-01-08 12:03 PM
    I just solved my problem.

I enabled "Mass Storage Mode when connected" in the options/memory area of my phone. Now I see two drives and now I see all my media files.
    12-01-08 12:12 PM
    The SD card is a standard file format (FAT-32, I believe), and you can simply remove it from the phone and plug it directly into a computer's card reader with a micro-SD to standard-SD adapter.

If you do so, you'll find that the directory structure looks something like this (I'm doing this from memory, so I may have a few details wrong):

/Media Card/
    --Blackberry
    ----Documents
    ----Pictures
    ----Ringtones
    ----Videos
    ----Voicenotes
    --Music

You can also see (and explore) the entire file structure of both the card and the on-board memory by going to the media player (the screen where you have the Music, Video, etc. buttons along the bottom), hitting the menu button, and selecting explore.
    12-01-08 12:24 PM
    I would like to know why there is a top structure with Myflix, Mypix, etc, and then a Blackberry file with different music, video, photo folders in it. why the redundancy?
    12-01-08 12:42 PM
    I just solved my problem.

I enabled "Mass Storage Mode when connected" in the options/memory area of my phone. Now I see two drives and now I see all my media files.
    I think that's my problem too. I thought I had that changed guess not. I'll give it a try when I get home.
    12-01-08 12:49 PM
    I would like to know why there is a top structure with Myflix, Mypix, etc, and then a Blackberry file with different music, video, photo folders in it. why the redundancy?
    I don't have mypix or myflix on my card. By any chance, have you ever inserted the SD card into a Verizon dumb-phone? My Razor, on the menus, called media mypix and myflix, although I don't remember what the folder names were.
    12-01-08 01:11 PM
    mine works backwards as crazy as it sounds, when i set mass storage mode on my phone dont show up and in windows device manager it says unknown Blackberry RIM device. when i have mass storage mode set to off i can see the media card and the storage space on my phone. i set folders on my car unpluged my phone and replugged it back into my pc and the folders were gone. my pc is running vista , i'm gonna wipe my phone and format the card and start fresh and see what happends then.
    12-01-08 04:42 PM
    Thanks Guys- The tech guys at the Verizon store did not know why my media files were missing- enabling "Mass Storage Mode when connected" did the trick.
    12-12-08 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD