My Storm just up and decided that there was an error on my media card today and has told me to run a disk-cleanup process on my computer to fix it.

Only that won't work either, keeps telling me I can't do it with this device.
    I can see all my files on the media card in Explorer but on the device it insists they're not there.
    Have tried formatting it and backing up, wiping, then copying everything back in but to no avail.
    I did notice ONE of the "bbthumbs" icons in a music folder wouldn't delete and I couldn't find a single way to get rid of it.

Either way yeah.
    It's screwed. Any help?
    06-12-09 12:46 PM
    The same exact thing happened to me the other day, I formatted and lost all of my pictures, its working ok now but I'm still having trouble backing it up. Try searching "media card error" and you see a thread with me panicking, lol I got help though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 02:30 PM
    I have the same thing, its been happening for a few days now. Its gotta be the phone not the card cuz it happens on both of my cards

still havent found a solution
    06-12-09 02:38 PM
    Back up everything on your card on your comp and format it using the computer, after that, format it on the phone- then add everything back on using DM media manager, as far as I know the bbthumbs.dat file will regenerate everytime so it doesn't do anything by deleting it, hope that works for you, it did for me

Last edited by jcorv58; 06-12-09 at 04:35 PM.
    06-12-09 02:45 PM
    Back up everything on your card on your comp and format it using the computer, after that, format it on the phone- then add everything back on using DM media manager, as far as I know the bbthumbs.dat file will regenerate everytime so it doesn't do anything by deleting it, hope that works for you, it did for me

Bbthumbs.dat file...once deleted forces the phone to scan the memory card again.

It helps when you transfer new files via DM and the phone doesn't display them for some reason.

Go with the advice above. Format on computer and then format on device.

06-12-09 06:18 PM
    That's happened to me a few times. When I put the hard in my card reader I can access the files so I copy everything to my pc and format the card then copy everything back over.

06-12-09 07:36 PM
    if none of the above works, you should have a warranty with your memory card mfg. good luck.
    06-12-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

I copied over all the data from the card to the computer then went ahead and formatted it on the device.
    Wouldn't format on the PC for some reason but never mind, it worked.
    Then copied everything back over.

For future reference to anyone who searches and finds this thread:
    While going through this process obviously anything I had on the media card that was set as a wallpaper/ringtone disappeared from the device which reverted to the factory settings in terms of wallpaper/ringtone but as soon as I copied the original files back over from my PC they returned to their respective places without any extra effort on my part.

So basically don't be worried about having to spend a good half hour redoing all that stuff.
    Last edited by The_Fuzz22; 06-13-09 at 04:26 AM.
    06-13-09 04:23 AM
    After upgrading to a 4g (from a 2g) & using it for month or more I woke up today to find "A media card has been inserted that contains errors.To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer."
    After checking this site,I went to work>>>
    I created a folder on my desktop,dragged all my media folders over from my open media card folder ,formatted my card via the scroll down menu option(which was pretty quick),then dragged my media folders back over into my now clean media card folder (this made even easiler & very nice since they're all in one folder),placed the card back into my phone & everything works fine.
    Thanks to everyone in this forum.
    05-21-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD