I just bought a storm 2 and so far I like the phone but I'm having some problem with it. I for the life hate typing on the phone. I don't so much mind the clicking but it makes me wonder if this is going to go shot soon from all the pressing.

Here my problem with typing. I'll check and even double check to make sure the letter that I wish to type is highlight before I click and yet I keep getting a different letter. I'm use to using a touch screen for typing (iphone) but I can't figure out why I am having this problem. So my question is is there something I can turn on or off to make it stop giving me different letters?

Thank you.

Sorry if I post this in the wrong area, if so I'll delete and move it.
    11-09-09 08:06 AM
    hmmm check your screen typing settings

options>screen/keyboard>touchscreen

tap interval and hover period

try 500 tap
    1000 hover
    keyrate fast
    11-09-09 08:24 AM
    ... I don't so much mind the clicking but it makes me wonder if this is going to go shot soon from all the pressing.

I wondered the same thing when I got my Storm 1. I've had this one since early March and I can definitely say that the screen is just as responsive now as it was when I got it, with no real signs of wear (at least not in that area)...and I use the **** out of it.

Of course, the Storm2 apparently has a sightly different (improved?) clicking mechanism, so I can't speak to that specifically.
    11-09-09 08:30 AM
    Thank you both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD