After reading 50 billion i hate the Storm I can't type post I felt the need to say this. I just post this over in the bold thread in response to another I hate storm thread, but I felt the need to share with more. Take what you need:

I too am a heavy texter and now with my Storm add emails.

I have been a qwerty key kad user for about 2 years first the Samung U740(now Alias) then the ENV2. Let me start that I do not adjust well, when I first swith from the U740 to the ENV2 I thoguht "Oh no i'll never get used to the ENV2 keyboard because the buttons are much smaller". But with a few days I adjusted, and no my figers did shrink. LOL.

I really wanted a touch screen and need more capabiltie so I started my search, I didn't look at other BB because the screens where to small and i wanted touch. I tried the Dare and the Voyager in store (you can never get a good feel in store) well needless to say in my short time playing with I just knew I would need a stylus because again I thought "I could never type on those" So now I get to my Storm I was still iffy on the touch but I liked the click concept and since there was nothing to play with in advance I took the leap and just brought one. Well i'm glad I did and glad I gave it a chance. The first day was rough, the second a bit better. I started playing the little word mole game,believe it or not this helped the most. Like minesweeper for PC mouse coordination. Playing the game really helped me get used to the NEW keyboard. Now I love it I type away, while walking, in meetings, in cabs I'm pretty good at it now.

Now i'm not going to say like many others don't expect perfection from the device on the first day(you should), but I am going to say don't expect perfection from YOU on the first day. It is new technology and a new way of typing so why would you think you could just pick it up and fly.

I you got it great, if you returned it sorry, but if you want it please don't read all of these negative post and think this it. Sometimes you have to think what is the user doing (or not doing). I work in IT new application implementations to be exact and I have so many times seen users who can't, won't or don't adjust and blame it on the "system" . We have even coined a phrase for this P.I.C.N.I.C Problem in Chair not in Computer.
    11-27-08 07:20 AM
    I agree my 1st day I was having a hard time trying to convince myself that I would get used to it. After playing with it all day I started to get better, and my 2nd day MUCH better. I LOVE it now, you just have to get used to it as with any new phone.
    11-27-08 07:44 AM
    I agree completely. Every day that I use the storm, my proficiency improves.
    I like this device more and more as time goes by. I understand that some people need to be able to hit the ground running, but they may be missing out on a good thing in the long run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 08:00 AM
    Thanks. Good insight. However, you can't deny the many issues that plague this device. I have coined it PITPOSSP. Problems - in-this- POS- software -package.
    11-27-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD