Hi all,
    OK, here's the thing: I have a Macbook pro Aluminium and I have a Blackberry Storm. I downloaded PocketMac AND the new drivers but as yet no joy with syncing. I've been reading other threads and as far as I can see turning on the mass storage support is crucial. My problem is that the switch for turning on Mass Storage Support is greyed out with what looks like a small red lock to the top left of the Off/On switch. Does this make any sense? Could it be something imposed by my company's Draconian I.T policy?
    Thanks a lot!
    11-28-08 02:27 PM
    Hi all,
    OK, here's the thing: I have a Macbook pro Aluminium and I have a Blackberry Storm. I downloaded PocketMac AND the new drivers but as yet no joy with syncing. I've been reading other threads and as far as I can see turning on the mass storage support is crucial. My problem is that the switch for turning on Mass Storage Support is greyed out with what looks like a small red lock to the top left of the Off/On switch. Does this make any sense? Could it be something imposed by my company's Draconian I.T policy?
    Thanks a lot!
    Yes. If you have a small red padlock icon, that means the corporate IT policy is controlling that function. You won't be able to defeat that. If you're using your BlackBerry with a corp-provided computer, I'd assume they would allow you to synch it. If it's your personal mac, then that's unfortunate, but not surprising. The company's security interest outweighs your convenience, and they control the phone.
    11-28-08 08:42 PM
    Thanks Jeff. Figured as much. The Blackberry is mine, bought with points but the ultimate controller is the company. No problem, I can add my contacts manually...over time.
    11-29-08 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD