Mass storage mode for phone's memory isn't working for me. When I plug into my computer, I can see the SD card but not the phone. Mass Storage Mode is turned on. I tried different cables, rebooting phone and rebooting computer.

Any other ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 02:34 PM
    I know for the S1 and 5.0 OS this has been a problem. But haven't experienced it with the S2. You should see two new drives when plugged into a PC, BlackBerry1 and BlackBerry2. The latter being the SD card, the former being the device memory.

Try unplugging and plugging back in. If that doesn't work then maybe try un-installing and re-installing the desktop manager. Also, what OS are ya using in your PC? Vista and Windows 7 are known to have some USB issues, as they have some extreme power management then previous OS's. Search the S1 forum for the solution.

Edit Oops, thought I was in the S2 forum. Doesn't matter same solution applies..

Last edited by Craterz; 11-08-09 at 03:21 PM.
    11-08-09 03:16 PM
    I haven't seen much except turning on the mass storage mode. I see the sd card one but not the phone. I know they are labeled and and I'm not using desktop manager. I'm using windows explorer for that.

11-08-09 03:22 PM
    This has been posted in several places; if you search you will find it. There is a fix on the Blackberry site. I have to post more messages before I can post the link, but several people have posted it in other threads. Search for calfix.
    11-08-09 03:24 PM
    Try this. it worked for me. How to Activate Blackberry Mass Storage | iCrack

Piano Man
    11-08-09 05:13 PM
    All I have found is make sure mass storage mode is turned on or if your running vista or windows7, check the usb settings.

That fix seems like its for the micro SD part, I'm having issues with the internal memory part.

11-08-09 05:46 PM
    I set mine to on and prompt and it stopped seeing both drives on mine too. So I set it to auto-enable mass storage mode when connected and it sees it now.
    11-08-09 07:03 PM
    Try this

go to options

select memory.

Disable Compression
    Switch 'AUTO ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE' to NO

now switch to off MASS STORAGE MODE SUPPORT.

Press the blackberry button and select to save

Now go back into the MEMORY options

There should be an option there to ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE, select this option and then switch back on compression, and also switch back on AUTO ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE

Now select SAVE again

When I did this it started working for me again

Might work for you as well.

Now if only someone could fix the darn - DIAL ANY OF MY CONTACTS AT RANDOM WHEN THE PHONE IS REMOVED FROM THE HOLSTER - issue I have been having.
    11-10-09 11:27 PM
    11-11-09 09:06 AM
    Now if only someone could fix the darn - DIAL ANY OF MY CONTACTS AT RANDOM WHEN THE PHONE IS REMOVED FROM THE HOLSTER - issue I have been having.
    This happened to me after trying to install a third party app. I'm pretty sure it was Quick Pull Pro. No, I did not Edit the Default Permissions. Not that I would have. I never even got that far. Right after install it just started dialing everyone. I had to remove it and do a battery pull. All is well since and I'm using the ##000000 trick in place of QP.

Did you install any third party apps prior to this behavior?
    Hope this helps...
    11-11-09 11:24 AM
    ...That fix seems like its for the micro SD part, I'm having issues with the internal memory part...
    It appear that if compression is set to enabled in Options / Memory, then your internal memory will not show as a drive .
    You may want to check that setting.
    11-11-09 02:25 PM
    It appear that if compression is set to enabled in Options / Memory, then your internal memory will not show as a drive .
    You may want to check that setting.
    This didn't make any difference, and neither did the patch that I downloaded from the BlackBerry site. Anyone have any ideas?
    11-11-09 02:32 PM
    This didn't make any difference, and neither did the patch that I downloaded from the BlackBerry site. Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm having this same problem and tried both of the downloads and all of the other settings twiddlings and still only get the SD card. The internal device won't show up.

If I do not enable mass storage mode, I do see a device called "Blackberry 9530" on the My Computer, and underneath it are Device Memory and Media Card but access via this path is excruciatingly slow.
    11-13-09 12:56 PM
    All of the above failed for me too. I finally figured out that the drive letter the BB was trying to use (Drive B) was being used by another drive and my BB was assigned Drive 0. This worked to assign a new drive letter to my BB so windows could see it:

1. Go to Start Menu and click Run
    2. Put in 'DISKMGMT.MSC' and hit OK
    3. The Disc Management box will come up. You'll see under the first column labeled 'Volume' that one of the drives is named 'Blackberry'. Right click on it.
    4. Select 'Change Drive letter and Paths'
    5. A box will pop up showing the drive letter currently assigned to the blackberry. Click 'Change'
    6. Select a Drive letter you KNOW is not being used (obviously C and D are out but double check in your Windows Explorer to find one not being used).
    7. Scroll down the letters to the one not being used.
    8. Hit ok.
    Now check in windows explorer for the drive letter you just created. It should be assigned to your blackberry (assuming Mass Media Mode is turned on and your BB is connected)

-Cheers
    11-17-09 08:29 AM
    Well none of these aforementioned solutions have worked for me asof yet.
    11-17-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD