Don't know if it has been posted here yet, but in my random browsing of youtube videos, I thought this was pretty interesting for the people that will be holding off on upgrading their OS to .75

12-02-08 01:19 AM
    So wait, this is occurs on the .65? the .75 I have now doesn't do it, but I don't remember if the .65 did or not.
    12-02-08 01:23 AM
    I also saw a video of the .75 that no matter how many icons were there would follow your finger. I don't have it so I wouldn't know for sure. But that video is doing it so "Pics or it didn't happen" is covered by a video....
    12-02-08 01:32 AM
    I just tried this right now on my .75 storm and it works. I only have 12 icons total on the home screen. Only works on the full menu though, does not work in portrait with the background on.
    12-02-08 01:47 AM
    should work as well with the .65 too, I'm too lazy to consolidate all those extras...if someone else wants to try, feel free to let us know if it works for you as well.

Also, what a stupid bug. We would think that RIM is just a LITTLE smarter huh?
    12-02-08 01:55 AM
    should work as well with the .65 too, I'm too lazy to consolidate all those extras...if someone else wants to try, feel free to let us know if it works for you as well.

Also, what a stupid bug. We would think that RIM is just a LITTLE smarter huh?

first time they've done a touch screen, and a lot of the OS is based off of older non touch blackberrys. and it was released a couple weeks ago.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

give em a break.
    12-02-08 02:00 AM
    yeah, I guess people are one way or the other about it...RIM is a huge company with millions in R & D. Also they are showing the ads that it does track your finger. Whereas if someone were to go purchase one, and turn it on it would not do what it is advertised to do
    12-02-08 02:01 AM
    The OS doesn't matter for this yet. They both work like this. If the screen needs to scroll then it does otherwise it highlights.

Edit: I know this has been said a lot but they need to add this function to the wallpaper screen in an update soon because there is no reason whatsoever for it not to glide.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 12-02-08 at 02:23 AM.
    12-02-08 02:17 AM
    it was a little blurry but i didnt get it!
    12-02-08 02:21 AM
    yes.. it works if you make it so the screen doesn't scroll isn't that obvious?

lowering the icons makes no scroll there for you do not need to scroll up and down to access the other icons and it turns it into hovering over them to select them...

makes perfect sense when you think about it..
    12-02-08 02:49 AM
    It does this on either os. I've tried it 16 icons or less. My os is .65
    12-02-08 04:14 AM
    i didn't watch the video, but kev mentioned all you need to do is make it so your screen has 16 or less icons on it so it won't scroll. i have tested this out by hiding all the icons i have but 16 of them. then you can slide through all the icons and they will light up. who knows...maybe in future firmwares you won't need only 16 icons to be able to do this.
    12-02-08 05:30 AM
    I don't understand why people are not understanding why this works this way. If the icons just highlighted all the time how would you swipe scroll. Its pretty easy to understand why its disabled when scrolling is available...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 08:27 AM
    My storm does not do this

I'm on .75
    12-02-08 08:34 AM
    I don't understand why people are not understanding why this works this way. If the icons just highlighted all the time how would you swipe scroll. Its pretty easy to understand why its disabled when scrolling is available...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This x10! Read^
    12-02-08 08:42 AM
    I have 28 icons lol
    12-02-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD