I have learned that the way to optimize battery and memory performance on my storm is to close all apps when not in use. From time to time I'll exit out of an app but forget to close it so I open the status bar and then close out the apps....
    Question, under MEDIA if I open a picture or a song, in order to close completely it takes about 4 or 5 steps. menu close menu close menu close and on and on. Is there a shortcut to closing apps and if not is there a way to adjust my menu window to move CLOSE to the top instead of at the bottom?

Thanks
    04-16-09 07:56 AM
    Thats a good question but to my knowledge there is no quicker way...hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
    04-16-09 07:59 AM
    To my knowledge ... you have to use the "Close" feature and you can't move it. But, in media, if you hit the "back" key back to the main media menu and then BB Button>Close, that works a little quicker...
    04-16-09 08:00 AM
    When your doing something in the media section just hit the back button until you get to the page where you can select if you want music movies pictures and so on. That is when you should press the blackberry button and hit close

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:00 AM
    A general rule of thumb is that any app that was part of the BB OS can be successfully closed with the back/ESC button. i.e. The BB web browser push and hold the ESC key and it will close or ask you to confirm that is what you want to do. The media center ESC will take you all the way back to the home screen. Well you get the picture. A lot of the 3rd party apps will close with the ESC key as well but not always. You just gotta figure out which ones will and which ones won't.
    04-16-09 08:12 AM
    I have learned that the way to optimize battery and memory performance on my storm is to close all apps when not in use. From time to time I'll exit out of an app but forget to close it so I open the status bar and then close out the apps....
    Question, under MEDIA if I open a picture or a song, in order to close completely it takes about 4 or 5 steps. menu close menu close menu close and on and on. Is there a shortcut to closing apps and if not is there a way to adjust my menu window to move CLOSE to the top instead of at the bottom?

Thanks
    What is this status bar of which you speak?
    04-16-09 08:42 AM
    When your doing something in the media section just hit the back button until you get to the page where you can select if you want music movies pictures and so on. That is when you should press the blackberry button and hit close

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    makes sense..thanks..sometimes the easiest solution is the best!!
    04-16-09 08:43 AM
    What is this status bar of which you speak?

I couldn't think of a better term but status bar as in list of running application. At the home screen, or any screen i guess, press and hold BB menu button. The bar will appear in the center of the screen....certain apps will always be there..some you can close
    04-16-09 08:47 AM
    For your 'quicker close' question...

Simply press and hold the back button in the app you want to 'close' and the app will close out completely. Keep in mind that if you access your music player through the media folder, these are 2 separate programs. Media and Music both need to be closed to save the space.
    04-16-09 09:26 AM
    For your 'quicker close' question...

Simply press and hold the back button in the app you want to 'close' and the app will close out completely. Keep in mind that if you access your music player through the media folder, these are 2 separate programs. Media and Music both need to be closed to save the space.

AWESOME, thanks...works great
    04-16-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD