I'm about to invest in a macbook pro next month does anyone here have one and a storm? How good do they work tgthr? And does itunes hate my storm? I can't get any music (12k songs) onto my BB Storm... (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:56 PM
    I'm about to invest in a macbook pro next month does anyone here have one and a storm? How good do they work tgthr? And does itunes hate my storm? I can't get any music (12k songs) onto my BB Storm... (

My buddy has a mac and a curve and he has no issues that can't be worked around. He syncs his itunes no problem, you just drag and drop em. You can sync calendar and contacts through Google Sync very easy.

One great thing that is coming in September though... Device Manager for Macs, which will solve all your problems right there. I'm a PC guy but deal with Macs all the time, so don't be worried AT ALL!
    08-01-09 11:02 PM
    I have a MacBook Pro, and the new iMac... but I use my dads computer for syncing with my BB.

Do you think that when this Device Manager for Mac comes out, I can just switch my BB Storm to my iMac?

can't wait for that!
    08-01-09 11:07 PM
    Mac and Storm here. PM/email me if you want.
    08-01-09 11:11 PM
    Same here, The only issue that I have come across is that there was no support for Desktop Manager. Obvisouly I am reading this too late September is the release of it for Mac. That will allow you to sync everything together with your mac.

I have the older version Macbook Pro and I love it with my storm and so will you. For right now any OTA links I find on my computer I open the page and click on the safari menu and click send link to... and enter in my email address. It is sent to my phone, I click the link and download accordingly.

Until Dm comes out in Sept. the easiest way I know how to transfer songs is to make sure you have Mass Media Storage enabled on your BB and when you plug it in it will mount to your desktop. Open your folders and find where the music on your BB is stored. Do a simple drag and drop from one window to another.

Another neat feature is the send to device via bluetooth. Amazing the ease of wireless transfer for pics and music!!!

Welcome to the mac life!!!
    08-01-09 11:48 PM
    You won't be able to use Desktop Manager until they release the mac version. And as far as iTunes goes, on my PC it does not always cooperate with my Storm

08-02-09 03:30 AM
    MBP and Storm user here too. Had no problems with iTunes or syncing calendars with Google Sync.

Can't wait for DM in Sept for us Mac users. Wayyy to long in coming, if you ask me.

Tired of using my wife's PC for OS upgrades...
    08-02-09 06:04 AM
    For what it's worth RIM has announced they are coming out with a DM in the Fall for Mac. That would be great no more having to rely on Windows.

This does not however mean that you would be able to use the apploader that is provided on OS updates. So if you want to update using apploader, as I do then you will need a copy of Windows on your Mac. Using Boot Camp or VMware is fine, just don't use Parallels.
    08-02-09 09:32 AM
    The only issues I have whatsoever is with the desktop manager. The only time I need it, is when I want to upgrade my OS. I use the Missing Sync to sync my storm with the macbook, it works flawlessly. The macbook sees the memory card with no issues, simply drag and drop your music, no need for Itunes.

When the Mac version of desktop manager comes out, I will never use my PC again.
    08-02-09 10:21 AM
    For what it's worth RIM has announced they are coming out with a DM in the Fall for Mac. That would be great no more having to rely on Windows.

This does not however mean that you would be able to use the apploader that is provided on OS updates. So if you want to update using apploader, as I do then you will need a copy of Windows on your Mac. Using Boot Camp or VMware is fine, just don't use Parallels.

I agree, I use parallels, and had issues with load the os on the mac. Havent tried bootcam or vmware.
    08-02-09 10:22 AM
    I agree, I use parallels, and had issues with load the os on the mac. Havent tried bootcam or vmware.
    I used bootcamp when the free trial of Windows 7 came out and did not have one problem with it. Since bootcamp is a provided program with OS X, It seemed like the best to use. Although being able to run both windows and OS X at the same time would be a good thing to do as well, I suppose.

Just cant wait to get the DM for Mac though. Save a lot of trouble and my wife's patience.
    08-02-09 12:34 PM
    As far as the back-up/ restore features from DM go, you can get a solid replacement for that (plus a few other nice features) through Smrtguard, which lets you back up your BB to an online database that you can view from any web browser. The software also lets you wipe and restore the device either on your BB or from the website, which is a pretty nice substitute at least until the Mac DM comes out.
    08-02-09 12:57 PM
    The only issues I have whatsoever is with the desktop manager. The only time I need it, is when I want to upgrade my OS. I use the Missing Sync to sync my storm with the macbook, it works flawlessly. The macbook sees the memory card with no issues, simply drag and drop your music, no need for Itunes.

When the Mac version of desktop manager comes out, I will never use my PC again.
    I totally Agree with phil1995
    08-02-09 02:28 PM
    Check out our Mac User Forum....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62
    08-02-09 03:45 PM
    Desktop manager for storm will be out this month hopefully.
    08-03-09 10:25 PM
    I got a MacBook, not a Pro. They don't work well together.
    08-06-09 06:23 PM
    What problems do you have with the MacBook? I wouldnt have thought there would be any difference between the macbook and the pro in this regard.
    08-06-09 07:23 PM
    I've got a 2.5 yr old Macbook, and use VMware/XPproSP2 with no issues at all.

Crack-pipe, what's the problem you're having?
    08-06-09 10:45 PM
    I have the new macbook pro and the blackberry storm which I have unlocked. I have no issues with using the two together to sync or download music from itunes. If you have any questions I would be glad to assist you. Have fun and good luck. By the way I do use the pocketmac to sync, just make sure you select the options on the tabs to best fit your needs and then when you sync make sure you turn on the media manager or it won't work. You will need iphoto to transfer pictures. Hope this helps!!
    08-07-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD