I only use a MacBook for a computer so I was wondering if the Storm will work with Mac? I seriously do not want an iPhone in that all I hear is how ATTs service is not good but if I cant synch my Storm to my Mac it is making me reconsider.
    11-18-08 02:38 PM
    No.

you have 6 options:

1) you can use the search feature in the Storm section as well as the mac section because this has been asked many times
    2) you can use PocketMac, which has a bad track record and his been reported but not confirmed to not work with the storm. as well as it only typically syncs address books, ical, mail, and few other things
    3) you can use MissingSync which will cost you around 50 bucks but ive heard good things about it and how it flawlessly works most of the time but lacks in a few features.
    4) You can use Parallels or VMWare Fusion to run a copy of windows on your computer and then install the BBSoftware although that may cost a few hundred dollars
    5) you can use a program called CrossOver which will emulate windows programs without having a copy of windows
    6) you can choose to bite the bullet and wait for the applications that RIM has been working on that are suppose to be released in the 1st quarter of 2009
    11-18-08 02:42 PM
    I only use a MacBook for a computer so I was wondering if the Storm will work with Mac? I seriously do not want an iPhone in that all I hear is how ATTs service is not good but if I cant synch my Storm to my Mac it is making me reconsider.
    Been asked before, most recently by me a few days ago(but i was wearing my nomex suit). check the search
    11-18-08 02:43 PM
    Sorry about that.. didnt even see there was a Mac forum!
    11-18-08 02:46 PM
    you can use MissingSync which will cost you around 50 bucks but ive heard good things about it and how it flawlessly works most of the time but lacks in a few features.
    Missing Sync for Blackberry is $39.95 via download.

It works great, works well with iPhoto & iTunes as well. Well worth the $$$ IMO.
    11-18-08 02:47 PM

It works great, works well with iPhoto & iTunes as well. Well worth the $$$ IMO.
    I was about to say. But Missing Sync is your best bet.
    11-18-08 02:49 PM
    I was about to say. But Missing Sync is your best bet.
    The problem is, missing sync doesn't support it yet either.

EDIT: Nevermind, stupid me didnt hit SYNC! it works!
    Last edited by auero; 11-21-08 at 11:20 AM. Reason: error
    11-21-08 11:05 AM

I see that it syncs, but will it update the OS on the phone?
    11-21-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD