Ok i searched around and it seems that everyone has around 40+mb of free memory. Well my storm is pretty damn slow and the highest mb of memory i ever had was 19.9. I moved all of my apps into the app folder and have about 8 programs on my main screen. I am running the .148 and want to upgrade to 151 but i want to figure this memory issue out first. Here is a list of programs i am running.

aol im
    bb 4.7 core
    bb4.7 ss
    bb app world
    bb app center
    bb attacment
    bb maps
    bb messenger
    brickbreaker
    browser
    documents to go
    email setup app
    facebook
    help
    memopad
    password keeper
    phone
    stormslider
    tasks
    vcast music
    vz nav
    weather bug
    youtube

i have 17 songs downloaded to the storm but not sure if they are on the media card or not. How do i check that???
    Also i have closed all the programs, deleted my event log. Not sure what else to do. any help would be much appreciated..
    08-25-09 02:40 PM
    Weatherbug last time I checked had huge memory leaks. Might want to see if you can find a different weather app. I had seen there was a problem recently with stormslider, Idr exactly what the problem was. I know .151 has a better memory management system, so it might we worth it to upgrade anyways. Before you install it though, try using Lryic's shrink-a-os and get rid of any programs and such you might not use.
    08-25-09 03:40 PM
    08-25-09 03:44 PM
    Ok i searched around and it seems that everyone has around 40+mb of free memory. Well my storm is pretty damn slow and the highest mb of memory i ever had was 19.9. I moved all of my apps into the app folder and have about 8 programs on my main screen. I am running the .148 and want to upgrade to 151 but i want to figure this memory issue out first. Here is a list of programs i am running.

aol im
    bb 4.7 core
    bb4.7 ss
    bb app world
    bb app center
    bb attacment
    bb maps
    bb messenger
    brickbreaker
    browser
    documents to go
    email setup app
    facebook
    help
    memopad
    password keeper
    phone
    stormslider
    tasks
    vcast music
    vz nav
    weather bug
    youtube

i have 17 songs downloaded to the storm but not sure if they are on the media card or not. How do i check that???
    Also i have closed all the programs, deleted my event log. Not sure what else to do. any help would be much appreciated..
    you should definitely upgrade to a better OS. either .151 or Lyricidal's(which I'm running myself) or any other hybrid. after fresh install, i booted 50MB. installed 12 3rd party apps & 1 theme. booting 40MB, stable 35-40 MB. no battery pulls until a usual 4-5 days of use.

you should remove apps that you don't need. definitely use Lyr's Shrink-A-OS to take out things like app center & help. you can find better help here on CrackBerry, such as paul who suggested the resolved memory thread(used it myself after a memory destroying theme & back-up)

remember to do thorough searches. good luck & have fun.
    08-25-09 05:28 PM
    Yea try removing weather bug. I did that and notice a big difference in my memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:48 PM
    Weatherbug does not have any leaks. I used it for 8 months with no problems.

Upgrade to .151 and when you do shrink it using shrink a OS by lyric.

As for the songs it doesn't matter where you put them. If they are not on your memory card they are on the device memory which is different than the app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:09 PM
    I always ran into low memory issues with the official (.148), but once I switched to .151 that all got fixed.
    sure, they both booted up with 30+mb free, but .148 always dropped down to under 5mb within a day or so while .151 stays above 30mb
    08-25-09 06:20 PM
    thanks for all the help guys, i'm going to try the memory loss fix, upgrade to 151 and shrink an os and i'll get back to you guys and let you know how it goes.
    08-25-09 09:57 PM
    I had similar apps on mine. Got rid of stormslider, app world, and weatherbug and my memory is solid as a rock. I had also upgraded to .151 which is much more stable with memory which helped but these three apps were the root of my problems.

Now running Lyricidal hybrid in my signature and stay above 50mb. I shrunk my OS though so you may not get the same results depending what you remove.
    Last edited by mcp770; 08-25-09 at 10:15 PM.
    08-25-09 10:12 PM
    Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to upgrade from .148 to .151? Right now, I know enough to be dangerous and probably get myself in trouble. I did upgrade to .148 previously when it was officially released by VZW but this memory leak is a real pain. I have no idea what a hybrid is or how to shrink my os using lyric. I don't want the absolute newest os but a stable one with a few days between battery pulls would be nice. It sounds like .151 would be the answer for me. I do regular BB backups using DM 4.7 and recently followed a thread describing how to back up 3rd party apps using device switch program. I have the .alx file as well as numerous folders for my apps on my desktop but I don't know how to re-install them after the os upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Many Thanks!!
    08-25-09 10:49 PM
    I just got my Storm replaced under warranty yesterday. Right out of the box, it booted up with 38 mb. As hard as it was, I went through my whole afternoon without installing anything. When I got home I connected to Blackberry Desktop and uninstalled some languages, help files and a few other things I never use. I was amazed when I had over 50 mb after battery pull. However, within about an hour I was down about 12 mb, and I hadn't installed anything yet.

Last night I installed a number of things, but nothing more than I had on my old phone (and actually less). My drop in memory on my old phone was pretty slow, but I'm still losing 15-20 mb within a couple hours. I do have Weatherbug and StormSlider installed (as I did on my old phone). I just uninstalled Weatherbug and will watch it for a bit. If I'm still seeing the fast drops in memory I'll try getting rid of StormSlider. If I learn anything, I'll report back.

FYI - running official .148 on both phones
    08-25-09 10:53 PM
    I do have Weatherbug but uninstalled StormSlider. I am hoping .151 is the answer as there seems to be conflicting thoughts on Weatherbug causing significant memory leakage. I would be interested to see your results.
    08-25-09 11:02 PM
    Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to upgrade from .148 to .151?
    Here is my process from start to finish...15-20 minutes and NO issues.
    1. uninstall previois OS installation in devise manager on your PC. Only desktop manager should remain listed.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common\research in motion\shared\loader files and delete folder of previous OS (if you never upgraded the shared folder will not exist) just to make sure the .001 potential for issues is gone. Back up 3rd party apps using BBsak and a normal device backup using desktop manager.
    3. Download and install fresh .151 operating system.
    4. Use BBsak again select wipe option, wait till 507 error on the phone before closing BBSak.
    5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder and delete the vendor.xml file.
    6. in the same folder as #5 run loader.exe follow the instructions and when you get to the part where you can check components to add just be safe and add everything but languages at this point in the game unless you are sure you can do without. On that screen you also want to add C:\Program Files\BBSAK\Backup\backup.alx to restore third party apps.
    7. Phone finishes rebooting I restore backup, send service books, register, and do a *228 option 2 for good measure. then do a last battery pull to reboot final.

Never an issue and runs like a top. The .151 files and BBSak can be found in the downloads section of bbhybrids.net. Just click the link in my signature.
    08-25-09 11:43 PM
    I uninstalled Weatherbug, but was still down about 15 mb in less than an hour. I just uninstalled StormSlider. I'm off to bed, but I'll report my findings in the morning if I see the drop slow down.
    08-26-09 12:00 AM
    I Was Having Same Problems My Memory Kept Dropping Under 20 Like Every 15 Minutes And So I Decided To Take On The .151 Install Today And I Rebooted With 46mb To Start With And Is Holding At That For Last Couple Hours. I Highly Suggest You Guys Upgrade To .151.. Look Up Crackburglars Post On Install.
    08-26-09 01:23 AM
    Phone Is Also Alot Smoother And Responds Quicker.
    08-26-09 01:24 AM
    While mine still drops a bit, it seems that StormSlider was the big culprit on my phone. Last night I dropped 15 mb in less than an hour (see posts above). I uninstalled StormSlider, did a QuickPull this morning, and after 12 hours I've dropped about 12 mb. So still not perfect, but deleting that single app made a huge difference on my phone.
    08-26-09 07:07 PM
    08-26-09 07:16 PM
    lol. hey patches. should we start posting paul's thread since it seems like a fair amount of ppl are having memory issues. his thread should get stickied
    08-26-09 07:46 PM
    seems that way, doesn't it?
    08-26-09 07:50 PM
    Thanks, mcp. I downloaded .151.and BBsak to my pc. Now I have to get the guts to pull the trigger. Regarding step 1, how do I uninstall previous installation on my pc? I don't see it under control panel device manager or add/remove programs.Step 2. I have no shared folder in the path you described even though I did recently do the VZW upgrade to .148. Is that OK or should I look somewhere else. Step 3. I downloaded .151 but don't I have to wipe my BB using BBsak before doing the install? Sorry for the (stupid) questions but I do appreciate your help.
    08-27-09 11:38 PM
    lol. hey patches. should we start posting paul's thread since it seems like a fair amount of ppl are having memory issues. his thread should get stickied
    I promoted it to Tips, How To, and FAQ Sub Forum, that's even better.
    08-27-09 11:54 PM
    I promoted it to Tips, How To, and FAQ Sub Forum, that's even better.

better for some but not all people look in there.

oh and thanks PK. You da man!
    08-27-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD