Hey guys, got down to about 5MB of application memory, did my Soft Reset and only got 22MB. So I pulled the battery and all I got was 23.8MB! I'm currently using Precision Zen and waiting for my awesome OTA iChrome v3. Any thoughts?
    03-04-09 07:13 PM
    Well, if you have a lot of applications or other stuff stored on the device, even a battery pull will not give you a massive increase in application memoury. Please be more specific as to your downloads, apps, and settings.
    03-04-09 07:15 PM
    I hear lot if guys talk about50-55mb of free memory... The most I have ever gotten has been 33. Is this still considered low? Looking forward to someone answering your question. Hopefully we can both solve our issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 07:17 PM
    SEARCH!! Go to 3rd party apps. Their are 2 threads about memory on the 1st page!!
    03-04-09 07:19 PM
    Currently have google Maps, facebook, and ePocrates (medicine app), brickbreaker and word mole, USAA, some emails set up and soft reset... I have two theme's downloaded (Appleberry and iChrome v2), but am using Pricision Zen.
    03-04-09 07:20 PM
    Currently have google Maps, facebook, and ePocrates (medicine app), brickbreaker and word mole, USAA, some emails set up and soft reset... I have two theme's downloaded (Appleberry and iChrome v2), but am using Pricision Zen.
    Well there is your answer. You have eight million applications. Problem solved.
    03-04-09 07:21 PM
    well i have: facebook, viigo, poynt, google maps, storm piano, stormsketch, you tube, speed test, auto lock and bblight, after a battery pull i have about 43-40 mb of app space but by the end of the day i have around 25... up time is 258825 around 3 days and i have 19 mb...just some insight hope that helps a litle
    03-04-09 07:22 PM
    soft reset and battery pull are the same thing.... what do you call a "soft reset"? also deleting apps that you dont use is the biggest help. use vz nav? if not delete it. same with visual vioce mail. same with flicker and facebook if not used. aim google talk. all of those are taking memory up. browser memory. event logs. can clear those as well. unused emails txt call logs.
    03-04-09 07:22 PM
    Only 4 that didn't come with the phone, and none of them are open! I used to have around 43MB last week and what's prompted my ?. Thanks for the speedy replies guys
    03-04-09 07:23 PM
    There is nothing wrong with 22mb of free app memory if your phone is operating correctly. What is normal is dependent on what you have installed on the phone. The guys getting 50mb have stripped out all non essential items from the os and have limited 3rd party apps installed. There are a bunch of threads thru out the forum on what can be removed to increase your memory like voice activated dialing, foreign languages, VZ Navigator, etc. The bottom line is why do without a function of application just so your free memory reaches some arbitrary number that has no relationship to the proper operation of the phone. Free memory is wasted if it doesn't get used, its not intended to impress the owner with having a large number its there to be used.
    03-04-09 07:27 PM
    There is nothing wrong with 22mb of free app memory if your phone is operating correctly. What is normal is dependent on what you have installed on the phone. The guys getting 50mb have stripped out all non essential items from the os and have limited 3rd party apps installed. There are a bunch of threads thru out the forum on what can be removed to increase your memory like voice activated dialing, foreign languages, VZ Navigator, etc. The bottom line is why do without a function of application just so your free memory reaches some arbitrary number that has no relationship to the proper operation of the phone. Free memory is wasted if it doesn't get used, its not intended to impress the owner with having a large number its there to be used.
    very good point.
    03-04-09 07:45 PM
    Only 4 that didn't come with the phone, and none of them are open! I used to have around 43MB last week and what's prompted my ?. Thanks for the speedy replies guys
    well i also got rid of the sample pictures that came with the phone, the password keeper, any additional languages, and some other useless junk. but every phone acts differently with the beta OS'
    03-04-09 07:51 PM
    i believe the problem is .109 i just did a quickpull and only had 29mb after reset its already to .16 in 30 mins. ive study the leak ive removed my theme and viigo and no change after a day same leak with removed. my theory is its the OS iv never had memory this low with my apps on other OS.
    03-04-09 09:31 PM
    I have noticed that this happens to me when I use the Cisco internet speed tester. I think its because there is no "exit" or "close" option.

I have .109 installed from yesterday and the lowest I have seen is 27 mb.
    41 mb after a battery pull or Quickpull

I have weather bug, signal loc, sunclock, trapster, poynt, strom piano, nav4all, lightsaber, stormlevel, trafficeye,VA
    Cisco Gist, batteryboost, quicklaunch, google maps, games, stormslider, quickpull, stormlight, bblight, talklock, bblight
    and almost all icons on the home page.
    Last edited by nulldog; 03-04-09 at 10:54 PM.
    03-04-09 10:40 PM
    This is a great link for increasing file free memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...lecture+series
    03-04-09 10:43 PM
    And don't forget to delete messages, emails, call logs and tonight I found there is also a voice mail log to delete.
    03-04-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD