I really really do love my new blackberry and the world of other blackberry users there are out there,and even tho the storm has a few bugs and laggy OS its still a great phone.But theres this one problem that i cant get over,and thats this battery pull nonsense.Im having to pull my batter 3 times a day on average,which is very new to me bcuz on my lg chocolate i probably saw my battery no more than 5 times with the 2 yrs i had it.

Do all blackberrys have to do battery pulls from time to time and the storm just has to do it an outstanding number of times or will this be fixed with the updates coming to my phone.
    12-29-08 03:39 PM
    I had the same issue with mines and I got a replacement and haven't done a battery pull in the past week. Only times I did it was the paper trick for the screen and after the .85 install.
    12-29-08 03:43 PM
    Battery pulls are a part of life. Your phone is essentially a computer and just like a computer - it needs to be rebooted every once in a while. However - if you're pulling the battery 3x a day - there's something else wrong. What's causing you to have to pull it?
    12-29-08 03:45 PM
    I really really do love my new blackberry and the world of other blackberry users there are out there,and even tho the storm has a few bugs and laggy OS its still a great phone.But theres this one problem that i cant get over,and thats this battery pull nonsense.Im having to pull my batter 3 times a day on average,which is very new to me bcuz on my lg chocolate i probably saw my battery no more than 5 times with the 2 yrs i had it.

Do all blackberrys have to do battery pulls from time to time and the storm just has to do it an outstanding number of times or will this be fixed with the updates coming to my phone.
    battery pulls are def a part of bberry life. but you shouln't feel the need to HAVE to pull your battery everyday. Its recommended that you do once a day juss to close any apps that may be running in the background. If your pulling it that much yur phone probably has an issue or you have a lot saved to the device memory.
    12-29-08 03:48 PM
    Use a Third party application like QuickPull or SoftReset. Use them once a day (twice for heavy users) and you should see better results without having to remove your battery cover. I usually do a QuickPull once before I head off to work, then during lunch (I use my Storm all day). Makes everything very nice, I Like!
    12-29-08 03:49 PM
    Battery pulls are a part of life. Your phone is essentially a computer and just like a computer - it needs to be rebooted every once in a while. However - if you're pulling the battery 3x a day - there's something else wrong. What's causing you to have to pull it?
    Its only been 3x a day since i got the .85 update. Before that with the .75 i only did a battery pull in the morning when i awoke.But the main reason for the pull is major lag, or a screen freeze, and recently i did a battery pull becuz I would press the lock button and it would unlock itself after being setdown.
    12-29-08 03:50 PM
    yeah you shouldn't have to do a battery pull. I had my storm since launch and so far I've done a battery pull maybe 10 times. Mostly after OS updates.
    12-29-08 03:50 PM
    I never knew I should pull my battery everyday. I've had mine for three weeks and never pulled the battery. I haven't noticed any difference in performance only the occasional delay in going from portrait to landscape. Should I still do it even if everything seems fine?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:29 PM
    I never knew I should pull my battery everyday. I've had mine for three weeks and never pulled the battery. I haven't noticed any difference in performance only the occasional delay in going from portrait to landscape. Should I still do it even if everything seems fine?

its not necessary bt ii myself have noticed it helps if yu text a lot or use the browser a lot. Juss keeps things running perfectly. ii tend to do a battery pull right before ii go to sleep.

Also, Glad to see mah fellow Philadelphia Blackberry users on crackberry!!
    12-29-08 04:34 PM
    Most people dont get that the end phone call key (off and on key) and the return previous menu key do NOT properly end the application. They are just methods of moving quickly through screens.

To properly exit any application use the Blackberry key and hit close. This should stop from the excessive unplugging battery. I've only done it once in 2 weeks, with the occasional soft resets for app changes.
    12-29-08 04:35 PM
    its not necessary bt ii myself have noticed it helps if yu text a lot or use the browser a lot. Juss keeps things running perfectly. ii tend to do a battery pull right before ii go to sleep.

Good advice i think i might start doing that.
    12-29-08 04:40 PM

Thx for the advice. Go Eagles!

12-29-08 04:44 PM
    Thx for the advice. Go Eagles!

I 2nd that
    12-29-08 04:48 PM
    I had to do battery pulls at the beginning but not so much any more. I think I've performed one soft reset (using the SoftReset app) in 2 or 3 days.

It might be a good idea to do a battery pull right before you put the phone in the charger, and/or when your phone runs out of battery, however often that may be.

If you are doing a battery pull more than once per day, that's a bit of a problem.
    12-29-08 04:49 PM
    I had to do battery pulls at the beginning but not so much any more. I think I've performed one soft reset (using the SoftReset app) in 2 or 3 days.

It might be a good idea to do a battery pull right before you put the phone in the charger, and/or when your phone runs out of battery, however often that may be.

If you are doing a battery pull more than once per day, that's a bit of a problem.
    Which softreset app are you referring to?
    12-30-08 02:33 PM
    Haven't done a pull yet. Would be a PITA to do every day or couple days, since I have the hard clear clamshell case. Would eventually wear out the latching areas.
    12-30-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD