It is going to my spam folder on my pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i took this right here meaning that you're using outlook to manage your yahoo account, correct?
    05-04-09 07:17 PM
    i took this right here meaning that you're using outlook to manage your yahoo account, correct?
    I'm just going to say that Yahoo has a spam folder, too. And when I use Outlook to check my email, none of the Yahoo spam even gets to Outlook. Just wanted to add that to your thinking process, as well.

EDIT: And you already knew Yahoo has a spam folder, since you use Yahoo. Duh.
    05-04-09 07:22 PM
    I'm just going to say that Yahoo has a spam folder, too. And when I use Outlook to check my email, none of the Yahoo spam even gets to Outlook. Just wanted to add that to your thinking process, as well.
    so maybe there's a setting where outlook overrides any spam settings that yahoo has? and implements its own rules to differentiate? but the BIS sync comes from the yahoo servers, not through outlook. i guess disable outlook and see if it changes.
    05-04-09 07:24 PM
    so maybe there's a setting where outlook overrides any spam settings that yahoo has? and implements its own rules to differentiate? but the BIS sync comes from the yahoo servers, not through outlook. i guess disable outlook and see if it changes.
    So funny... this has been bugging me all day, and now I feel like I'm the one having the issue!

Anyway... I don't have Outlook open all the time, and I still never get spam on my phone. And there have been a few times where I have Outlook open, and it will flag a message that got through Yahoo, and will send it to the Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook... which still doesn't get to my phone. That is why I'm thinking it has to be one of his settings for POP forwarding right in the Yahoo account.
    05-04-09 07:30 PM
    Taking this show on the road!

I think outlook changed yahoo settings somehow. So you're settings morf are how they should be. OP needs to find where to change them back to default to avoid spam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 07:38 PM
    Umm....WHAT ? WHAT? WHAT ? Uhhh...Go back to BlackBerry Internet Service and set up your filters in the style "If the addressee is in this table, THEN send it to my BB. Otherwise, foget 'bout it !!!". THEN you should not get spam. Period. Full Stop. Otherwise, get back on the horn to VZN and report/talk to the pros - make them do their job to keep this stuff out of your face/BB.

Want to see what a joke looks like ? Search on "iPHONE email filters" on CBForums.

Doctor Neutron
    05-04-09 07:50 PM
    it has nothing to do with filters, morf and i both use yahoo, same as OP. there is something wrong with the yahoo account that isn't separating the spam out of the inbox. that is the issue at hand. filters won't prevent the issue. he gets lots of emails from various addresses, already stated that. so the filters will prevent potentially wanted emails from getting through also.
    05-04-09 07:58 PM
    Umm....WHAT ? WHAT? WHAT ? Uhhh...Go back to BlackBerry Internet Service and set up your filters in the style "If the addressee is in this table, THEN send it to my BB. Otherwise, foget 'bout it !!!". THEN you should not get spam. Period. Full Stop. Otherwise, get back on the horn to VZN and report/talk to the pros - make them do their job to keep this stuff out of your face/BB.

Want to see what a joke looks like ? Search on "iPHONE email filters" on CBForums.

Doctor Neutron
    Just stop. Please don't throw this thread off into left field. I appreciate that you want to help, but what you are saying won't work. Patches already stated this in his post above. Creating filters for spam in BIS would take forever and wouldn't be the efficient way to do it. There is a setting that we are missing either in Yahoo or Outlook. I don't believe Verizon has anything to do with this.
    05-04-09 08:04 PM
    guess we'll have to wait for the OP to return to respond to our questions/suggestions...i've already PM'ed the OP with questions to try to help, no response yet.
    05-04-09 08:14 PM
    guess we'll have to wait for the OP to return to respond to our questions/suggestions...i've already PM'ed the OP with questions to try to help, no response yet.
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
    05-04-09 08:15 PM
    welcome. hopefully we figure it out in PM then we can post findings/resolutions
    05-04-09 08:30 PM
    If the OP indicates that SPAM makes it to their Outlook email client and then goes to the SPAM folder in there, then that's not going to solve the problem with the BB getting SPAM as well. The SPAM emails MUST BE BLOCKED AT THE EMAIL SERVER level in order for any clients (yes, BIS Blackberry setup included) to be clean of such emails when the mailbox gets polled for new mail on the server.

Depending on what they use for an email service will depend upon what course of action to take with this.... the key factor is, SPAM must be blocked at the server/mailbox level in order to solve this problem.
    05-04-09 10:19 PM
    If the OP indicates that SPAM makes it to their Outlook email client and then goes to the SPAM folder in there, then that's not going to solve the problem with the BB getting SPAM as well. The SPAM emails MUST BE BLOCKED AT THE EMAIL SERVER level in order for any clients (yes, BIS Blackberry setup included) to be clean of such emails when the mailbox gets polled for new mail on the server.

Depending on what they use for an email service will depend upon what course of action to take with this.... the key factor is, SPAM must be blocked at the server/mailbox level in order to solve this problem.
    I knew that was the answer... which is why I told him about the settings in Yahoo... but then I started second guessing myself. Thank you. Hopefully, he will respond to this soon so the thread can be resolved. (It kind of irritates me when a thread dies without a resolution.)
    05-04-09 10:22 PM
    AT&T Yahoo Mail has a pretty decent SPAM filter built into the Mail Server, for when you go to the Mail Page and read your mail online.
    BUT, when you access your Yahoo Mail through a POP3 Mail application, OR direct through your Blackberry, the Default Value for Mail forwarding from Yahoo is to send ALL of the mail, including the SPAM; the SPAM shows up on the Blackberry with a " [Bulk] " notation in the Message Header.
    To prevent SPAM from being forwarded to your Blackberry, go into Yahoo Mail and at the top right of the screen, click on "Options", then click on "More Options". On the More Options screen, click on the list heading "POP and Forwarding". On the POP and Forwarding screen, make sure you have selected "Allow My Mail To Be POPed", and in the drop-down box underneath that, select "don't POP spam". Click on "Save Changes" at the top of the page, and you should be all set.
    06-15-11 02:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD