After a hellatious process, including getting a repeated error that my device (Storm 9350) didn't have enough memory to upgrade to 5.0, trying to downgrade, and then getting the white screen of death, I'm finally running the 5.0 OS. I used to have 4 inboxes for messages: 1 for desktop (office email, sent via redirector not the server), 2 for personal email, and 1 default messages box for all email combined which I would hide.

With the new OS I only have the combined "messages" inbox, plus the 2 personal email boxes -- but I want to separate out my desktop email again. I can't seem to find the right way to do it on the new OS. Can anyone out there please help!

Many thanks,
    Guin
    04-01-10 12:26 PM
    After a hellatious process, including getting a repeated error that my device (Storm 9350) didn't have enough memory to upgrade to 5.0, trying to downgrade, and then getting the white screen of death, I'm finally running the 5.0 OS. I used to have 4 inboxes for messages: 1 for desktop (office email, sent via redirector not the server), 2 for personal email, and 1 default messages box for all email combined which I would hide.

With the new OS I only have the combined "messages" inbox, plus the 2 personal email boxes -- but I want to separate out my desktop email again. I can't seem to find the right way to do it on the new OS. Can anyone out there please help!

Many thanks,
    Guin
    Are you still getting "desktop" emails to show up in the folder that collects all emails (the one that you hide?)

If so, then you are still getting those emails which means that all you have to do is retrieve your "lost" icon....the easiest and quickest way is to unhide it...for some reason, the new OS likes to play "hide and seek" with your primary email folder...try this first...if it is not hidden, then resend your service books...just log into BIS and resend service books...

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more instruction...

Mike
    04-02-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD