I have been having the black-screen problem with my storm on 5.0, and nothing will fix it, so i caved in and downgraded back to .148. which deleted my contacts and my calendar and pretty much anything back-up-able.
    Well, you say, restore.
    I try to restore the backup file, and it throws DM into a non-responsive mode that I can't even exit it, I have to go to task manager and close it that way.
    And I tried the advance restore, opening up the backup file with individual items, and they wouldn't do anything. I couldn't drag them over to the device side, the little arrow button wouldn't do anything, it seems like I'm SOL.
    This is so frustrating!! My entire phone book is gone, and erased off my SIM card, and my calendar is completely gone, and no it's not synced with anything. It's all things I manually entered into the calendar that are associated with my blackberry email address.
    What do I do? Is there a thread someone can point me to?
    11-11-09 01:28 AM
    Did u try restarting your pc and then try and run DM again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 05:40 AM
    Yes I did.
    11-11-09 04:09 PM
    First please check to ensure that you have removed the 5.0 OS from your PC by going into System>Programs and then uninstalling the Blackberry Device Software 5.0....reboot your pc...

make sure you have the 148 ONLY.....

Please don't think I'm being condescending but I'm listing the exact steps here:

for the advanced under backup/restore, you get to the two screens where the right small window has the phone apps/modules listed and you can choose the backup file on the left? If so, click on file at the top and then choose the backup file. Do you have an older one from before? try that if this one doesn't work....then highlight on the left window ONLY the address book option...and click the >> arrows in the center....then Next down below on the right....it should do the swap and then you can exit out....let me know if this is what you were doing and its not working.....
    11-12-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD