I've had my storm for a while, and I've known it to have great battery life. Usually I have it on me, on but not in use, and I can go all day and hardly lose any battery, even with a bit of messaging and internet. But lately, I have been losing power at a constant rate even if I'm not doing anything, and I haven't installed any new apps. My storm also feels a bit warm, may just be my pocket, but I'm not sure. Also, my back light is on low. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 09:32 AM
    Not really supposed to keep it in your pocket from what I've read. Body heat can kill battery life. I lost a digital camera that way. Went to a concert and the darn thing heated up so much I could feel it through my clothes. I suppose a persons own body acidity could adversely affect the battery too. Like how the same watch or jewelery can turn one persons wrist green but not the others

Try carrying it out of your pocket for a few days and see how that works. Really hard to do, I know!

03-11-09 10:54 AM
    I actually encountered this very issue...I let the batter completely drain and did a full charge afterwards. It seems to have resolved the issue, but I do recall having the exact problem. I suspected apps and etc but I didn't have many installed and my Application memory was pretty high. What OS are you using by the way? A lot of people suggest using other Beta OSs due to performance differences.

If the problem persists or worsens...check with your service provider about replacing the device ;/
    03-11-09 11:12 AM
    I'm running .75. I've read how to upgrade but I guess the instructions scared me off

03-11-09 12:00 PM
    Mine was getting really hot and with little use, the battery was dead in minutes, did not matter what OS I was using, took it to my local VZW and they swapped the battery, I have had no problems since....GL..
    03-11-09 12:36 PM
    I don't think a piece of paper behind the battery would make a difference, would it?

03-11-09 12:38 PM
    I've encountered the same issue as yours over the past few days. My Storm has had great battery life, yet for some odd reason it has been going through the battery at a far quicker clip than normal in the past 48-72 hours.

A full charge and a soft reset seem to do the trick, but I'm not sure what's causing it in the first place.
    03-11-09 02:07 PM
    Me too. I actually have a spare battery and a portable battery charger that I always carry with me now. It kinda sucks. Not only that but I have a car charger and a spare storm to charge the extra battery when one dies. I could open an accessory shop with all of the stuff I have to carry around to make sure that my phone is up and running. I use my navi a lot though and that literally eats at my battery like. Its ridiculous. They need to handle that issue asap
    03-11-09 02:12 PM
    I don't think a piece of paper behind the battery would make a difference, would it?

I doubt it. That's what everyone used to fix the clicking issue when the first set of storms came out. Had nothing to do with battery life
    03-11-09 02:13 PM
    Did a couple resets today and a full charge. I'll see how that goes.
    03-11-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD