need one for valentine's day? help!!!!
    02-02-09 11:57 PM
    Ebay is you best shot to buy the phone outright but you are better of just snagging one with Verizon for $199. Most corporate stores have them in stock...if not try Best Buy / Circuit City / Kiosk in the Mall

Just look.. they are out there but buying one with a plan is your best (cheapest) shot

If you buy one off Ebay and there is something wrong with the phone...i.e. a click problem then good luck getting a replacement, just buy one with a plan and forego the hassle later
    02-03-09 12:52 AM
    craigslist. i traded a new wii for one. the lady totally got ripped off lol. but it's what she wanted.
    02-03-09 01:51 AM
    Ebay is you best shot to buy the phone outright but you are better of just snagging one with Verizon for $199. Most corporate stores have them in stock...if not try Best Buy / Circuit City / Kiosk in the Mall

Just look.. they are out there but buying one with a plan is your best (cheapest) shot

If you buy one off Ebay and there is something wrong with the phone...i.e. a click problem then good luck getting a replacement, just buy one with a plan and forego the hassle later
    I couldn't agree more. More than likely you will be hard pressed to get a replacement from Verizon if you buy it off eBay.
    02-03-09 04:41 AM
    Just noticed that Vodafone are selling Storms for �400 SIM free. If you're in the UK maybe that's an option
    02-03-09 08:53 AM
    Under $400...buy from Verizon with a two year contract for $199, then pay the $175 cancellation fee.
    02-03-09 09:03 AM
    Under $400...buy from Verizon with a two year contract for $199, then pay the $175 cancellation fee.
    Beat me to it! but ya, that's your best option.

also:

Just noticed that Vodafone are selling Storms for �400 SIM free. If you're in the UK maybe that's an option
    400 British pounds = 569.2 U.S. dollars
    02-03-09 09:07 AM
    this phone has too many little quirks in to to buy without the ability to take it back to verizon and say "gimme a new one" when it starts acting up.
    02-03-09 09:12 AM
    Believe it or not, Crackberry.com has a marketplace.
    02-03-09 09:37 AM
    I couldn't agree more. More than likely you will be hard pressed to get a replacement from Verizon if you buy it off eBay.
    its shady yes but verizon has no way of knowing where you bought the phone unless you tell them. if they ask you can either just say i bought it retail from a verizion store or if its over the phone just hang up and call again
    02-03-09 09:43 AM
    its shady yes but verizon has no way of knowing where you bought the phone unless you tell them. if they ask you can either just say i bought it retail from a verizion store or if its over the phone just hang up and call again
    ummmm....computers track things like that, they will know if you bought the phone through them, unless you paid cash for your Storm through VZW
    02-03-09 11:31 PM
    Storm Right here for 500.00 : Full Invisi-Shield : OEM Cradle : Zena Clip-On Case : Headphones : Manuals : CD's : Original Box : Unlocked for all carriers. In great/mint condition.

02-03-09 11:41 PM
    ummmm....computers track things like that, they will know if you bought the phone through them, unless you paid cash for your Storm through VZW
    Information on previous accounts/etc shows up along with the ESN. So yes they can tell and unless they can verify you are the original purchaser they will not honor any sort of warranty or do anything for you in the event something goes wrong. Unless your lucky enough to get a CS rep who doesn't give a **** but good luck with that, it's unlikely. (BTW if you hang up on a rep and attempt to call back, we do remark your accounts and let the next rep know you were denied what you were asking for.)
    02-03-09 11:45 PM
    Storm Right here for 500.00 : Full Invisi-Shield : OEM Cradle : Zena Clip-On Case : Headphones : Manuals : CD's : Original Box : Unlocked for all carriers. In great/mint condition.

Haha... Taking a quick browse on craigslist I just found about 4 in like new condition for around $300, brand new for around $350.
    02-03-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD