Hi guys,

I'm looking to reinstall .151 which I currently have installed.
    So, I went to :

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files

And made sure that I only have the .151 folder which is "9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186".

I then ran BBSAK and hit "Factory Reset", because I'm scared of what "Wipe" would do and how to go back to installing .151 fresh. But if someone can show me what wipe would do, and what would I need to do to install .151 after the wipe, that would be splendid.

Thanks!
    09-01-09 09:17 PM
    Wipe gets rid of any OS installed on the phone along with user information and third party apps. A factory reset gets rid of user information and third party apps (I believe) but keeps the OS.
    09-01-09 09:20 PM
    backup your apps before doing anything first. But wipe is good to use if you want to make sure all info is off of your phone. When you hit wipe agree to the low level warning and proceed, takes about 10-15sec. Your phone will turn on with an erro 503 I believe and have a white screen. This is ok and you can now proceed with installing .151 to your phone using loader.exe recommened
    09-01-09 09:21 PM
    backup your apps before doing anything first. But wipe is good to use if you want to make sure all info is off of your phone. When you hit wipe agree to the low level warning and proceed, takes about 10-15sec. Your phone will turn on with an erro 503 I believe and have a white screen. This is ok and you can now proceed with installing .151 to your phone using loader.exe recommened
    Ah, so I simply continue with loader.exe after wiping? That sounds simple. Alright, wiping now. Thanks dude.
    09-01-09 09:23 PM
    Use the links in my signature. Gives step by step instructions for wiping.
    09-01-09 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the help guys!
    It's all now back on 151, and I did a selective restore from the selective backup I did. However, somehow I still have TELUS Navigator and the device password is now "locked", as in I can't Disable the device password. Also, my MicroSD card was "encrypted" from the previous install. I think I put a password in, and now it says I'd need to format it to be able to use it. Why can't I simply put in the encryption password in to use it again?

The best part? 51 megs of appmem!
    09-01-09 10:01 PM
    (Also for next time, what do I selectively backup so my BBM contacts are back without the need to re-add, etc?)
    09-01-09 11:06 PM
    (Also for next time, what do I selectively backup so my BBM contacts are back without the need to re-add, etc?)
    The answer to this is backup "BlackBerry Messenger".
    09-15-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD