I'm new on here and not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm looking at getting a new phone. I was looking at the storm 9530, I've seen good and bad about it. So is it good or not, is it better after 5.0.0.328 os or not? Is it just slow or is there a big problem with it? There are some people on here that say its a good phone and are still running 4.7 os. I have herd that people are doing battery pulls, why is that? I guess that is all for now.
    12-06-09 10:47 PM
    I have the storm 9530 and I love it its still taking me a while to upgrade to the S2 but I think I'm going for it soon. A family member of mine just got the phone and she hated intill she came up to visit and I updated to the new 5.0 and she loves and the batt pulls are because of the memory leaks if you do a batt pull its like resetting a computer it runs better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 11:09 PM
    I updated to 5.0 and it is like night and day. I can go a week or longer without a battery pull. Apps run quicker and smoother. I was thinking of getting another phone (S2, Droid, Eris) before the OS upgrade but now see that I don't need to spend the extra money.
    12-06-09 11:15 PM
    This is what I want to hear, you guys thinking it's a good phone. What version of 5.0 are you on, I'm not for going with leaked os, so I would be going with 5.0.0.328 os from Verizon. Is that a good update? Is the leaked os better than the Verizon one? Has anyone tried the Otter box for the Storm? Does it work, can you push all the touch screen keys?
    12-07-09 05:51 AM
    The only reason I am considering the S2 over my current S1 is it has WiFi. We dont have any 3G operators here and EDGE sucks :P

Like jrohland said, at the price you can get a 9530 today for, its difficult not to recommend it over any other device of similar capabilities.

Also on these forums, i doubt you will find any Storm owner who will tell you anything opposite of what is already said in this thread so far.

PS: If yo u do get the Storm 9530, i hope your ready to get sucked in to the Crackberry Cult.
    Last edited by taimuramjad; 12-07-09 at 06:57 AM.
    12-07-09 06:54 AM
    This is what I want to hear, you guys thinking it's a good phone. What version of 5.0 are you on, I'm not for going with leaked os, so I would be going with 5.0.0.328 os from Verizon. Is that a good update? Is the leaked os better than the Verizon one? Has anyone tried the Otter box for the Storm? Does it work, can you push all the touch screen keys?
    I am using the leaked 402 and i can tell you it feels leaps better than the leaked 328 we had for our 9500s (9500s dont have official 5.0 yet). I cant seem to put my storm down for more than 30 minutes ever since i upgraded.
    12-07-09 07:00 AM
    I owned a 9530 for 6 months and was satisfied with it. Until I upgraded to a Motorola Droid 3 weeks ago. It feels like my eyes were opened. On the Droid:
    - the phone responds instantly
    - It is extremely stable - I have not restarted it in a week and have installed / uninstalled dozens of apps
    - Many more apps, much cheaper and much better app store
    - Better and more stable multitasking
    - Hardware keyboard is much better than Storm
    - NO memory leaks

I cannot even imagine having to go back to using my Storm again. It would be painful. Buying a Storm now would be a big mistake. The BB operating system is like a dinosaur compared to Android.
    12-07-09 07:54 AM
    I've had my Storm for a year now and still love. It runs great. I use it for all my work needs plus music, alarm clock, camera and a few games. I have no random resets, no problems typing, I can multi task without a problem, and as far as memory leak, sure, it goes down 3-5 MB in a week, it doesnt affect my phones performance, and maybe every 10 days or so I'll choose to do a reset. I do it with my laptop too every week or so. Sure there are some bugs and I hope to get them resolved, but I've been hoping the same thing with Microsoft for the past 15 yrs. I still run there OS. Maybe it's all good in Windows 7, don't know, but Im sure there will be some bugs.
    12-07-09 08:54 AM
    I loved my S1 but had to upgrade. Alot more memory and comes w/ a pre-installed 16GB microSD and I noticed that I have fewer battery pulls. I got my S2 on the released date and so far I only had to pull my battery once.

As far as an otterbox I still want to get one (maybe a Christmas present to myself) but I have a friend who has one for his iPhone and he says its awesome. He has dropped his phone numerous times and its still working good as new.
    Last edited by fallenangel808; 12-07-09 at 09:09 AM.
    12-07-09 09:07 AM
    I'm new on here and not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm looking at getting a new phone. I was looking at the storm 9530, I've seen good and bad about it. So is it good or not, is it better after 5.0.0.328 os or not? Is it just slow or is there a big problem with it? There are some people on here that say its a good phone and are still running 4.7 os. I have herd that people are doing battery pulls, why is that? I guess that is all for now.
    I have had my Storm since Sept 2nd and it's my favorite BB by far; I had the Pearl and the Curve 8330. 5.0.0.328 is a decent OS, yes, it has it's little quirks, but they're nothing I can't live with. I gained memory over 4.7.0.148, and the phone runs much smoother. Flick scrolling is my favorite feature.

I really don't have to do battery pulls, my memory usage is very stable, but I have Meterberry to reset it once in a while.

I'm glad I made the switch from the Curve when I did, and I haven't looked back.
    12-07-09 10:04 AM
    What is the problem with the stock 4.7 os? Is it just because its slow. I have an LG Glimmer that you could call a dumb phone and is not touch friendly. So anything better then that would be a big improvement. I guess others have said it just depends on what phone you had before.
    12-07-09 10:09 AM
    4.7.0.148 is ok, but it's not as snappy as 328, and it lacks flick scrolling which also slows you down. 328 makes the Storm perform as it was intended to perform. I was thinking about getting the S2 but I am very satsified with my S1, and will wait for the S2 price to drop significantly.
    12-07-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD