So, who better to ask then all of you. I am currently in contract with AT&T (sigh). They just sent me a letter stating that they will be changing my account number(don't know why). No other changes are being made as far as I can tell. Does this classify as grounds for early termination without fee's? If not, I wonder if Verizon would be willing to put my ETF into monthly payments for me, any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.
    10-06-08 09:41 PM
    Changing your account number as in how att internally identifies your account? Unfortunately, this wouldn't be grounds for an early termination.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 09:43 PM
    how deep into the contract are you, I believe ATT contracts are pro rated like Verizons, where for every month into your contract, 5 dollars is taken off of the 175 fee
    10-06-08 09:45 PM
    Yes, the account number with ATT. I guess Im moving to Nevada. =)
    10-06-08 09:45 PM
    how deep into the contract are you, I believe ATT contracts are pro rated like Verizons, where for every month into your contract, 5 dollars is taken off of the 175 fee
    Unfortunately, I looked into it and that is only for people who signed up after May 08. I am locked in 2 years from June 07.
    10-06-08 09:46 PM
    So, who better to ask then all of you. I am currently in contract with AT&T (sigh). They just sent me a letter stating that they will be changing my account number(don't know why). No other changes are being made as far as I can tell. Does this classify as grounds for early termination without fee's? If not, I wonder if Verizon would be willing to put my ETF into monthly payments for me, any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.
    You should do some research. The 9530 from Verizon will work on AT&T's EDGE. The 9500 from Vodafone will work on AT&T's EDGE and 3G Network. No need to switch to Verizon.
    10-06-08 10:25 PM
    You should do some research. The 9530 from Verizon will work on AT&T's EDGE. The 9500 from Vodafone will work on AT&T's EDGE and 3G Network. No need to switch to Verizon.
    He may be looking for some 3g goodness. This is the biggest plus about using this phone. I've also noticed that apps run faster and better on the 3g network like on the iPhone.

AT&T has to different billers. You are more than likely going to market that the other biller serves and this is the reason for the new account number. This is definitely no where near grounds for getting your ETF waive. You monthly service charge is changing.

I've been thinking about waiting for the Thunder on Rogers as they have the same 3g bands we have. I'm not positive on the specs for the Vodafone 3g bands and if it is tri-band umts or just 2100mhz.
    10-06-08 10:34 PM
    He may be looking for some 3g goodness. This is the biggest plus about using this phone. I've also noticed that apps run faster and better on the 3g network like on the iPhone.

AT&T has to different billers. You are more than likely going to market that the other biller serves and this is the reason for the new account number. This is definitely no where near grounds for getting your ETF waive. You monthly service charge is changing.

I've been thinking about waiting for the Thunder on Rogers as they have the same 3g bands we have. I'm not positive on the specs for the Vodafone 3g bands and if it is tri-band umts or just 2100mhz.
    Voda 9500 is tri-band. I've been on both Rogers and AT&T's 3G with the 9500.

HSDPA/UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    10-06-08 10:55 PM
    Voda 9500 is tri-band. I've been on both Rogers and AT&T's 3G with the 9500.

HSDPA/UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    Good stuff man. May be getting one of these puppies.
    10-07-08 12:58 AM
    Thanks Crucial. Looks like I will have to get my hands on a 9500.
    10-07-08 08:32 AM
    the money youy would pay full retial for it and then unlock it for use on att would still be more than paying an ETF and switching to verizon. I am basing this only on the rumors of a 199-250 price tag on verizon. It also comes down to how good both carriers work in the area you are in most of the time. The plans all cost the same so yea.
    10-07-08 09:27 AM
    I am in the NY metro area 90% of my life. I am not concerned about coverage. I am concerned about plan pricing but I figure both to be similar and Verizon customer service to be better. Maybe it is time for a switch afterall.
    10-07-08 11:45 AM
    Without switching, wouldn't you have to purchase the phone full retail? The Blackberry 8830 retails for around $519.99, I would think the Storm would be around that....
    10-07-08 11:56 AM
    Yeah the only thing is that from what we saw of the market sector each phone is going aT with bold being on top the storm would come in �t slightly less than the bold. That being said I think the bold w/o contract retails for 799....who knows tho I have actually heard they want to match the full retail price of the iphone so as not to lose customers on that end. U should have your answer toomorrow as to what's cheaper. (Ps I don't know why everyone thinks vzw is so expensive they are right on level with att and most people hav e an oppurtunity for a disc because of employer. The only way I can see someone arguing price is because they are with tmobile but then u are scaraficing call qual.)

10-07-08 12:20 PM
    Still trying to get a Bold. I will play the wait and see game on the Storm. I would not switch carriers just to get a phone however.

10-07-08 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD