I have a pair of skullcandy earbuds with a soft silicone earpiece, and they sound great and block out sound very well. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them for hours with no discomfort. I'm looking for a bluetooth with a similar earpiece.

I want one that I can use to listen to music and movies. I don't want to spend over 100$ if I can help it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or make any suggestions?

Thanks!
    02-25-09 09:36 PM
    if you don't mind spending the extra money, the Jawbone is the best I have used so far.. well worth the 120 you spend on it, I can have my car stereo cranked and my Kicker L5 slumpin, and still talk and hear clearly!

don't know about listening to music or movies, but when driving and using VZW navigator, it routes directions to the Jawbone rather than the headset out
    02-25-09 09:43 PM
    My experience with the Jawbone was less than stellar. Chuck, you can get all kinds of opinions here, but the best one is going to be trial and error on your part.

There are so many variables that affect bluetooth performance and what works for some doesnt work for others. I got the Jawbone based on a multitude of rave reviews and it didnt live up to the hype.

If nothing else, try out several and use the one thats best for you.
    02-25-09 09:49 PM
    i know im going to just have to try them and see for myself, but mostly i was just looking to see if anyone knew of a music/video compatible headset with the silicone earpiece im looking for since a lot of sites only show the front of the device, and in the store a lot of the packaging hides the headset.

Ive had other bluetooth sets in the past and most were very uncomfprtable after wearing for a while, if i can find one with an earpiece like the headphones i have ill be very happy.

inkd [inkd] : Skullcandy are the earbuds i have, you can kinda see the silicone piece im talking about, its kinda like a mushroom shape that conforms to your ear when you put it in and seals off outside noise. I want something similar in a bluetooth.
    02-25-09 09:59 PM
    Might be obvious here, but make sure what you buy supports the music Bluetooth profile. I'd imagine most of the stereo headsets do(or so I hope!) but I don't think all of the mono/one-ear ones do.

I have a Cardo S-800, it's a one-ear, and it works well enough for calls but I haven't been able to get music/video audio playing through it, probably due to lack of support for the right Bluetooth profile.

Edit: Looked up the profile names. You need A2DP for sure, and if you want remote-control of the Storm it'll need AVRCP.
    Last edited by Zalansho; 02-25-09 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added Bluetooth profile names
    02-25-09 10:04 PM
    I personally use the Discovey 925. It fits well and it sounds perfect with the phone. I like it's one tap for answering not having to hold the button for longer and it has 3 size tips of soft silcon that makes a PERFECT fit to your ear. I got it after I got my storm. I had two lesser headsets that I have had for a while, paired both of them with it and had to upgrade and fast.

Hope that helps.
    02-25-09 10:20 PM
    BasPilot, are you using the voice dial with the Discovery 925?

I love the headset --EXCEPT that I haven't been able to get past the "initializing" message when I try to Voice Dial - which I really need for driving.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, checked settings etc. everything else about it is great and it's the most comfortable I've ever used - which is a lot... Thanks!!
    04-01-09 12:24 PM
    I use the MOTOROKR S9-HDbought at a verizon store, works well for voice and music in true stereo. Has controls for the media player built in the headset. Been using it for over a month now with now problems.
    04-01-09 12:30 PM
    I have the Motorola H690 and it works flawlessly! I replaced a Jawbone that had a "tragic accident" with my Weimaraner. The Motorola has dual microphones and works very well in noisy environments and seems to work better with the voice recognition software.
    04-01-09 12:49 PM
    Jawbone (first edition) and Plantronics Discovery 925. Both work very well with my Storm, and both work with voice dialing.

Jabra 9730 dog-tag style bluetooth stereo ear buds. Work very well for me. Sound isn't spectacular (I'm used to Bose wired earbuds on my iPod), but is certainly serviceable. Full control, looks good, works well and has a built-in mic for phone calls. Fully compatible with Storm.
    04-01-09 12:54 PM
    i know im going to just have to try them and see for myself, but mostly i was just looking to see if anyone knew of a music/video compatible headset with the silicone earpiece im looking for since a lot of sites only show the front of the device, and in the store a lot of the packaging hides the headset.

Ive had other bluetooth sets in the past and most were very uncomfprtable after wearing for a while, if i can find one with an earpiece like the headphones i have ill be very happy.

inkd [inkd] : Skullcandy are the earbuds i have, you can kinda see the silicone piece im talking about, its kinda like a mushroom shape that conforms to your ear when you put it in and seals off outside noise. I want something similar in a bluetooth.
    Plantronics Voyager 855 might be what you are looking for.
    I had this head set for 3 months now and very happy with it. If you shop around, you can have it for around $100
    04-01-09 01:44 PM
    I use the MOTOROKR S9-HDbought at a verizon store, works well for voice and music in true stereo. Has controls for the media player built in the headset. Been using it for over a month now with now problems.
    I second the S9, great stereo and you can answer the phone as well.
    04-01-09 02:03 PM
    I have the jawbone 2 which works great with my iphone but is terrible on the Storm. Lots of static and a short range
    04-01-09 02:22 PM
    I currently have a Plantronics 855 and have no complaints. It is one of the best BT headsets I have ever had. People hear me better than when I'm on the regular phone and I can hear everything very clearly. The earbuds block out outside noise very well. The stereo sound is great and I like the fact then when your not listening to stereo there isn't a hook around your ear. The headset stays put in your ear well without one and I find it more comfortable. Also the controls on the headset will control the media player and play/pause or skip tracks. Overall it's worth the $60 bucks. You can find them on Newegg for about $60 plus s/h.
    04-01-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD