Just a quick question and I thought maybe someone in this this thread could possibly help me out ...

I'm looking to find an adapter (3.5mm MALE to 2.5mm Female), that will ALSO support voice calls over my phone. It needs to be "L-shaped" (see picture of link below, even though the jack connection sizes in the enclosed picture are the reverse of what I need).
    Audio Adaptor for 2.5mm Jack (Female) to 3.5mm Plug (Male) at 90 Degree Angle / Elbow Type Socket Adaptor

I have a great pair of Plantonics headphones (PLANTRONICS MX203S-X1S 2.5MM PLUG EARBUD HEADSET) that give good sound when listening to my MP3 music on my Blackberry Storm, and also allow for making/taking calls on my phone. It has a 2.5mm connector plug, with my Storm having a 3.5mm jack. I DO NOT want to go buy a different pair of headphones.

I have found adapters, but none are "L-shaped", so it makes for a bulky connection since the phone jack is on the top right side of the phone. It's tough if taking the phone out of my pocket (which is the way I prefer to carry it).

The adapter I need will be L-shaped, and also have a "3-ringed" connector-pin plug on the 3.5 mm male end of it (which tells you it can handle both STEREO, and phone calls also). See picture for circles on plug, even though this one only has two)

If anyone can steer me towards a vendor (besides looking on Ebay & Radio Shack, as have already tried), that will have these, I would be very grateful !!
    I'm only looking for vendor/store suggestions, rather than folks suggesting different headphones or holster carrying options. Thanks for your help !!
    03-27-09 01:16 AM
    directly from CB store... I've tried searching for what you want before, and I literally spend HOURS trying to find something. The results were very few and far between, so you'd really have to be dedicated to your search to try and find a L-shaped piece by itself. This piece is a dongle, but it does have an L-connector going into the phone, though.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Rdmdvrbw
    Last edited by seVer916; 03-27-09 at 01:48 AM.
    03-27-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD