OK, I have been using a blackberry since day one. I live in Waterlo where they are made and literally live a few blocks away from Balsillie. Saying that, it is disrespect not to have a blackberry!! Now for the Storm, this is directed for previous blackberry owners and not newbies as they can relate much more to the BB's GUI. I have been using the Storm for 3 days now and previously had the Curve. I am currently typing as fast if not faster on the storm and I will only get better. YOU HAVE TO keep each thumb on their own turf. I am so used to (many of you are as well I'm sure) in hitting the T with my right thumb to speed things up or hitting the Y or H with my left thumb.

The faster you can train each thumb to sit on their own side you will make much less mistakes and auto correct works almost perfectly when you make a mistake while keeping each thumb on their own side. Swiping the keypad down and hitting send speeds things up BIGTIME (you just got to remember to do it intstead of hitting the menu button then hitting send as we are used to). Also using some of the different style shortcuts you can navigate faster then the curve (Example - holding Menu button down until the shortcuts pop up in the center of the scree.)

Anyway their was a GREAT thread (LINK BELOW) here where someone added the top 20 most used words (according to google) and had many variations to those words insterted in autotext for all of ust to download. I think staying on top of autotext and keeping both thumbs on their own turf you will ffind the experience much better and yourself typing much faster then then curve and sending emails off QUICKER!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...-storm-106240/

Also one LAST NOTE, do not go ballistic in trying to hammer out words... Keep a good fast pace and you'll be banging off sentences faster then ever.

Once US BOLD/CURVE users can adapt with the thumb rule it's great....

Ok, just had to say that... Have a great night and KEEP THE FAITH!!!!
    Last edited by YOUR DADDY; 12-01-08 at 10:57 PM.
    12-01-08 10:49 PM
    I didn't know about swiping the keypad down then hitting send. THANK YOU!
    12-01-08 10:57 PM
    Hitting menu twice seems just as fast if not faster
    12-02-08 06:02 AM
    Hitting menu twice seems just as fast if not faster
    Ditto I was going to say that all you had to do was hit the BB button twice quickly.
    12-02-08 06:08 AM
    Excellent point. I am doing significantly better today than when I first got it. Its like a day or two ago my brain finally finished re programing my thumbs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 06:58 AM
    I noticed the thumb "turf" war when I first got my Storm this weekend. I've almost completely retrained myself to observe that boundary between the halves of the keyboard.

Also, don't let your thumbs rest on the next letter when typing... make sure they are far enough off the screen or you'll enter the next letter instead of the current letter when typing. I know, it seems obvious, but it was another retraining exercise.
    12-02-08 07:22 AM
    Wonderful perspective.
    12-02-08 08:33 AM
    you're not my daddy

but yeah i think of it like the game Track and Field on the original Nintendo where you had to go leftrightleftrightleftright evenly for the game to work...
    12-02-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD