So, i recently noticed that I am unable to lock my storm by pressing the lock key on top left of the phone. I mean....The phone gets locked only when i press the lock key 3 or more times....is there any problem with it?
    Also, I want to completely wipe my phone and reinstall the OS....can you please lead me to a step by ste[ guide for the same!!!! Thanks.
    09-06-09 01:56 PM
    lock key issue could just be lag. A battery pull may correct. Also which OS are you on, I can point you into the right direction for a link.

There is a guide link to installing OS's step by step in the link in my sig as well as a few recent OS links. If it is your first time always remember to back up. I cannot tell you how many times people may think DM will do it when it loads the OS and they get an error and it doesnt back up
    09-06-09 02:00 PM
    So, i recently noticed that I am unable to lock my storm by pressing the lock key on top left of the phone. I mean....The phone gets locked only when i press the lock key 3 or more times....is there any problem with it?
    Also, I want to completely wipe my phone and reinstall the OS....can you please lead me to a step by ste[ guide for the same!!!! Thanks.
    i am guessing you are to eager. Press the lock button, then try pressing the screen. I bet you its actually locked the second you press the button you just dont know it
    09-06-09 02:07 PM
    lock key issue could just be lag. A battery pull may correct. Also which OS are you on, I can point you into the right direction for a link.

There is a guide link to installing OS's step by step in the link in my sig as well as a few recent OS links. If it is your first time always remember to back up. I cannot tell you how many times people may think DM will do it when it loads the OS and they get an error and it doesnt back up
    Thanks for the quick response....I dont know if the disfuction of the lock key is the lag or not, but it has just started recently. I am on OS .151, so please lead me to the right guide. However, let me be clear as to what I want to do....I want to wipe my phone completely, and then install the OS. I have heard that doing this resolves some very basic problems. Please corrct me f I am wrong. I have .151 OS installed on my computer too. Thaks i advance.
    09-06-09 02:10 PM
    i am guessing you are to eager. Press the lock button, then try pressing the screen. I bet you its actually locked the second you press the button you just dont know it
    I just did what u told me too....pressing the screen after pressing the lock button...but guess what....it wasnt locked. Now, there sure is some issue with it, right?
    09-06-09 02:12 PM
    A re-install may fix the issue. Is the lock button the only part on your phone to be lagging?

As for an easy wipe tool, download BBSAK, it can be found in my sig near the top. Install it and run it. (Back up if you want to before next step otherwise all info will be lost!)

Select Wipe Device. Then let your phone do its thing and you should come up with a white screen with an error stationg to reload your OS.

Load up either DM or Loader.exe. (you can use load OS from BBSAK, but not 100% on how great it works) Now go to update phone and select 4.7.0.151 from your list, or hit next on loader.exe.

Now all you have to do is wait for it to install. To put the backup back on if it didnt through DM, just wait till your phone is done and select restore from DM and choose your backup file.
    09-06-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD