So I bought a replacement case from Ebay the other day for my 9530 Storm. It was a complete unit so that meant transferring all the electronics on the top half of the phone (lock button/Mute, Speaker and Radio Antenna) to the new case... As I was removing the actual lock button, I didnt see any type of connection to the main board expect a black strip that seemed to touch the speaker cover that has the "Blackberry" logo on it... Does that cover connect the Lock and Mute buttons together? The Mute Button does have a small connector to the main board...

Reason I ask is because ever since I swaped cases, my lock button stopped working... Doesnt bother me too much because I use storm slider lite but would like to fix it...

Any ideas?
    Last edited by chevydudesixty9; 08-30-09 at 10:13 PM.
    08-30-09 09:49 PM
    you did what i did when i was gonna swap bezels! ripped the ribbon cable that connects the lock button to the mute button, all i can say is dl slidelock or patternlock or something to that effect and change your left courtesy button to use it
    08-30-09 11:40 PM
    damn... figures...
    08-31-09 12:43 AM
    I did the same thing, not once, but twice. Neither of my Storms has a working lock button. I STILL can't figure out how others have managed to separate those parts without tearing the cable...
    08-31-09 12:57 AM
    where is it tearing? when removing the speaker cover?
    08-31-09 01:05 AM
    where is it tearing? when removing the speaker cover?
    Yeah, when removing the black cover piece (that says BlackBerry on it). After tearing the first one I tried to just pull the cover up a bit (I was painting) on the other Storm, and even that tore it. I only pulled it up enough to slip some tape in there to protect from over spray and it ripped. I know a few people have managed to do it, but I don't know how.
    08-31-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD