I have a battery saving idea! Make the lock button actually lock the phone, so that you need to press it to turn the screen on. Every time I pull the phone out of my pocket the screen is on, and there are probably a couple letters of the password typed out.
    11-29-08 03:29 PM
    Totally agree with that. It is very annoying!!! It should only light up when you press the lock/unlock button. Why don't they ever get this.
    11-29-08 03:43 PM
    I'm convinced that the Storm was rushed out before it was ready. This, plus the other bugs like the inability to answer calls, should have never made it out to the public.
    11-29-08 04:01 PM
    Yes, unfortunately RIM did not make a "Standby" button like they've always had on all of their previous phones (wtf were they thinking?). Hopefully they will realize how much of a convenience the Standby button was and fix it with the updates.
    11-29-08 04:25 PM
    Drove me to go find a case w/the magnetic "sleep" button. Seemed about the most useful/least-painful way to get around this. The password thing notwithstanding, just hitting that lock/unlock button was making me wiggy about wear-and-tear. (Probably from reading too many posts at CB about EVERY possible thing that could go wrong!)
    11-29-08 04:47 PM
    yeah, rim really screwed up on this one.

they also need to make the lock button not automatically password protect the phone just like in the past.

seriously, why would you make a touchscreen phone without a screen shut-off mode?
    11-29-08 05:31 PM
    EXACTLY! Geeze, all they had to do was look at the iPhone... they could have taken all the good parts of it and improved on it. That would have been awesome, instead of trying to re-invent the wheel.
    11-29-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD