We would see a voucher or something for a free Storm 2 when it comes out, considering the abandonment that i think everyone has felt from Verizon. Am i the only one that thinks that VZW and RIM should take the time to fix this phone before they already start planning the successor for their most hated phone?
    04-07-09 12:54 PM
    when's this magical storm 2 come out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 12:55 PM
    September according to the CrackBerry frontpage.
    04-07-09 01:10 PM
    i doubt verizon would ever give us storm 1 users a break, unfortunately. that's what we all "get" for buying a first gen new concept phone.
    04-07-09 01:25 PM
    Do you guys always see the glass as half-empty? The Storm is an awesome phone! I whole heartedly admit it has is bugs; but what piece of electronics is perfect? I've had my Storm since early January, and the more I use it, the more I love it. In fact, I just bought a second one for my wife. This is my 5th Blackberry (I started with the 7510), her first one, but we both are huge fans for different reasons. I appreciate how powerful the phone is and all the great applications that implement the groundbreaking touchscreen, and she likes how easy it is to use.

Instead of grumbling and wishing you were getting a Storm2, just enjoy the awesome hardware that you already have. The OS bugs aside, the Storm is one of the top 3 smartphones ever made, and you OWN one! Get excited about it.
    04-07-09 01:36 PM
    I look at it as we got a great phone still and when we upgrade the storm 3 should be totally rockin'

04-07-09 01:38 PM
    Note: I may think it's this BEST smartphone ever made, but I know that arguments can be made for other phones too.
    04-07-09 01:39 PM
    Do you guys always see the glass as half-empty? The Storm is an awesome phone! I whole heartedly admit it has is bugs; but what piece of electronics is perfect? I've had my Storm since early January, and the more I use it, the more I love it. In fact, I just bought a second one for my wife. This is my 5th Blackberry (I started with the 7510), her first one, but we both are huge fans for different reasons. I appreciate how powerful the phone is and all the great applications that implement the groundbreaking touchscreen, and she likes how easy it is to use.

Instead of grumbling and wishing you were getting a Storm2, just enjoy the awesome hardware that you already have. The OS bugs aside, the Storm is one of the top 3 smartphones ever made, and you OWN one! Get excited about it.
    Bravo! This is how I feel about nine i'm so happy to have a phone that's better than my motorola q. This phone completes me haha.

04-07-09 01:39 PM
    Sure, in a perfect world VZW would hand all of us Storm 1 users a voucher, but the world ain't perfect. I think this device is great, even with the bugs. I too have ordered a second one for the wife. I hope to make her transition as pain free as I can, now that I have had time to tinker with it.
    Last edited by abx7981; 04-07-09 at 02:09 PM.
    04-07-09 01:59 PM
    i can say that my storm has no more bugs than any of my other blackberries, or dumbphones for that matter. i am completely happy with it on .75, does everything i want it to do. no beef with me, i prolly wouldn't get the next device unless it had some function or service that this current phone doesn't have already.
    04-07-09 02:11 PM
    Also, do you think they just started planning the Storm 2? Lol... it was in the works long before the Storm 1 was released.
    04-07-09 02:17 PM
    What abandonment? Still waiting to see what Valace comes up with, but 4 months between updates is probably about average for Verizon BBs.

Where exactly did this crap come from about updates needing to come out more regularly? Apple doesn't put out updates this regularly, unless you count a bunch of releases designed to fix one specific issue, like the means by which someone would jailbreak the phone. Microsoft doesn't put out updates very often for WinMo. Palm doesn't put out updates very often for PalmOS phones...

Feature phones, outside the POS Voyager that's needed a couple dozen updates, on top of a hardware refresh, might get one or two updates in their entire lifetime.

So why should Blackberries be different?
    04-07-09 02:26 PM
    get insurnance>break storm>get storm 2

problem solved.

04-07-09 02:37 PM

problem solved.

And get a refurb Storm.

04-07-09 02:50 PM
    VZW or RIM doesn't owe anyone anything. They may allow you to purchase it at an upgraded price (of course you have to renew your contract) if they price it differently. But at the end of the day, they don't have to do anything. They will get plenty of Storm purchases from people who couldn't upgrade last year, new customers and old Storm users who must have one. The Storm stink anyway. Good luck with that.
    04-07-09 02:50 PM

problem solved.

Unless they still have tons of storm 1's in stock.....

04-07-09 02:52 PM

problem solved.
    You forgot: Be arrested/sued for insurance fraud>go to jail>go to court>pay lots of money>have criminal record for rest of life
    04-07-09 03:30 PM
    You forgot: Be arrested/sued for insurance fraud>go to jail>go to court>pay lots of money>have criminal record for rest of life
    Ok... Accidentally jump in the pool with it in your pocket . I did that with my motorola razor and that was purely accidental... Just have to pay the deductible... Also, I think there are only a certain number of claims you can log a year with asurion.
    04-07-09 03:50 PM
    This is as good a place to jump in as any! So what are the gripes? So far, 'bout all I do is call people, read my e-mail, take a picture or two, and set annoying or off-the-wall ringtones for members of my family.

I was real late to the cell phone thing, and just got this thing a couple of weeks ago when Verizon offered the BOGO (the boss bought 4 for us guys, so it's a company phone...).

I figured any difficulties I had were due to ineptitude, but noticed that some of the fields are awfully small (and I have small hands and fingers for a man). I've managed to compose an email fairly easily, but I guess I don't really stretch the thing.

OTOH, The touch screen seems a bit insensitive, esp. when my hands are cold, and when I call my voice mail I have to hurry up and show the menu and scroll down to "Show Keyboard" in order to key in my passcode.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to edit contacts anywhere but on that little screen, and then copy/DL/synch them (whatever you call it). My handle comes from the gripe I have that this is all the same info, why should everything be so cryptic and difficult? I've been at computers since punch card days, and sometimes feel like the "better" it gets, the worse it gets! But on the positive side, I'm glad that when I plug the thing into my high speed moron, it shows up as a drive and I can just copy files, as it should be.

So anyway, what are the gripes, and why does our friend in the OP feel so strongly? I got nuthin' to compare it with!
    04-07-09 07:29 PM
    It would be pretty upsetting if they did come out with a storm2 and we didn't even get an up date. I hope when they mean storm2 they're talkn about and new update tht would turn your storm into a storm2....tht would make my day!

04-07-09 07:51 PM

Very well put. I feel the same
    04-07-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD