It reads this in every battery pull or reboot and has done so over the last 5-6 leaked OS, since it's likely an app, but which one? If you know please help. I've searched and could not find the answer. I have found other uncaught exceptions, but not mine...Here is what it reads on my screen:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalStateException

If you know help me out please. I thank you for your input.
    1. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings
    2. Set Content Protection to Disabled
    3. Reboot the Blackberry
    Last edited by cruznthru; 04-02-09 at 02:53 PM.
    04-02-09 02:40 PM
    PLease do a search next time........... but do what he said

way to be helpful.he already stated that he searched the threads.

why to people have to be so blatantly rude?! if you cant say anything nice, then shut it!
    04-02-09 02:49 PM
    3. Reboot the Blackberry
    One smart kid in that pic..........I tried this cruznthru and it worked for me. Kind of made sense as I recently messed with enabling Content Protection attempting to be a little more security concious. This IllegalStateException doesnt pop up anymore when rebooting (with quickpull) or doing a battery pull. Learning this dang storm.........Doesnt have anything to do with OS as mentioned b4. I got .75 and havnt messed with it...too chicken; but this chicken is about to cross the road....Just for reference, this first started for me this morning when exiting from bedside mode (after a couple of snoozes from alarm). As soon as I hit exit, phone "flashed" and rebooted. Had this IllegalStateException..Hit OK. Then the "a media card has been inserted that contains errors. to correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer...." error. Which I have corrected, from another post, by connecting to laptop, going to My Computer, right clicking E drive (media card 8gigs to verify right one). Clicking Properties at bottom, then Tools, Error-checking (Check Now) and Checking both boxes in Check disk options and Start. Not sure of the correlation between these two things after my crash from bedside mode with Content Protection Enabled..........or what caused all this. But....thanks for the help cruzin
    04-02-09 10:12 PM
    Any luck with this CarGuyDude? Got same problem. Apps in common are Myspace, Quickpull, AP app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've deleted them all and it's still there after reboots and battery pulls. Also deleted Starry Night, Storm Piano, Where and previously Weatherbug.

I'm gonna try cruznthru's recommendation and see what happens. I'll let you know. Thanks people for the recommenations.
    04-08-09 10:42 AM
    3. Reboot the Blackberry
    That looks like it worked! I did what you said, shut it down, pulled the battery and for the first time since January, it didn't show up! I can not thank you enough!!!!Yippie!

Why would that exception come up with the content protected?
    04-08-09 10:45 AM
    hi,
    i have the same problem in my blackberry 8100 if any one know how to resolve this problem kindly tell us
    04-08-09 11:14 AM
    See previous page for the solution that worked for me.
    04-08-09 11:25 AM
    I actually started a thread a few days ago with this exact issue... It didn't yield any solutions though. I found that the error message stopped showing up yesterday after I turned off my event log. I haven't rebooted since then, but I will reboot sometime today and give an update.

Oh, to go to event log, from the home screen, bring up your keyboard and type "/"/ . That will bring up the menu... Then select the event log and hit bb button and choose "hide all". That will disable the event log and clear existing entries...
    04-08-09 11:29 AM
    It reads this in every battery pull or reboot and has done so over the last 5-6 leaked OS, since it's likely an app, but which one? If you know please help. I've searched and could not find the answer. I have found other uncaught exceptions, but not mine...Here is what it reads on my screen:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalStateException

If you know help me out please. I thank you for your input.
    Its your theme that's causeing it. Put your theme back to stock...pull batt...should start normaly.....then switch theme back if u want. Me and my gf both have storms hers was doing that it would just keep giving that java error it was her pink theme. Put it back to stock bat pull error gone hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:19 PM
    I rebooted and the error message doesn't come up anymore!

I do have content protection on. Looks like maybe the dusabling of the event log did the trick for me.

<update> I upgraded to .122 and now it is back!!! Trying to turn off content protection to see if that does the trick...
    Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 04-09-09 at 09:53 AM.
    04-08-09 12:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD