i found out that there is a glitch with custom themes. when you turn to landscape, both side of the screen becomes white.

the only permanent fix is to bring back the default theme, but i don't like it.

so one way to fix is;

-go to home screen, and hit blackberry button
    -go to option ==> home screen preference
    -click layout, cancel, and just go back to the main page
    -it should be back to the default theme(only the front page)
    -then go back to home screen preference, hit the default theme, and click layout, and hit ok
    -this should bring back to your theme without glitch in landscape mode

is there easier way to fix this?
    10-29-09 08:59 AM
    This has been talked about before with a slight variation. It also doesn't work for all themes, there are times when you have to change the background along with what you described. But I don't think there is any easier way to fix this besides plazmic being updated so that the themes can be updated to work on 5.0.
    10-29-09 09:40 AM
    Is it just me or, or all the themes really memory leaky because of this issue? It seems even themes I had no problem with before are causing my memory to tank.
    10-29-09 09:53 AM
    I don't think it is the themes for me, but something is sucking the he77 out of my memory!!!!!!!!!
    10-29-09 09:59 AM
    Is it just me or, or all the themes really memory leaky because of this issue? It seems even themes I had no problem with before are causing my memory to tank.
    themes will leak memory like crazy IMO even with the fix.

and yes this has been beating to death in many threads on how to fix the white bars
    10-29-09 04:32 PM
    It has to be due to the themes....because even my memory leaks with no apps that leak.

I don't feel like rocking the Precision Zen theme to test the theory; my phone is fine with memory even in the high teens.
    10-29-09 04:37 PM
    i found out that there is a glitch with custom themes. when you turn to landscape, both side of the screen becomes white.

the only permanent fix is to bring back the default theme, but i don't like it.

so one way to fix is;

-go to home screen, and hit blackberry button
    -go to option ==> home screen preference
    -click layout, cancel, and just go back to the main page
    -it should be back to the default theme(only the front page)
    -then go back to home screen preference, hit the default theme, and click layout, and hit ok
    -this should bring back to your theme without glitch in landscape mode

is there easier way to fix this?
    when I go into options I don't see this home screen preference.... do you have to have custom themes installed to get that option?
    10-29-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD