So here's what's wrong with mine so far:
    No browser
    Not able to set up BIS
    0.65 software (not a bug but I thought there was an update)

So far VZW has a major FAIL situation going on. The CS rep I spoke with was very nice and said they were aware of the problems and are being addressed and should have a mass fix in a couple of hours (crosses fingers).

At least I only paid $230 with a 1 yr contract
    11-21-08 08:07 AM
    Don't think I'm bashing the network. But this is a problem on the network side. They've had some problems the past week. As the guy said it should be fixed soon.
    11-21-08 08:11 AM
    The reps were all shaking their heads, like "Yeah I have no idea why they are doing it this way."

BTW on wednesday none of my texts were being received and I got them all at 7 at night in one big push.
    11-21-08 08:11 AM
    good price guess the college student from yest. would have had enough money in the bank after all lol!
    11-21-08 08:14 AM
    Don't think I'm bashing the network. But this is a problem on the network side. They've had some problems the past week. As the guy said it should be fixed soon.
    Hey Crucial could you explain why the browser icon isn't showing up even though the browser is listed in the set of applications? Just curious how that works. Thanks.
    11-21-08 08:15 AM
    Hey Crucial could you explain why the browser icon isn't showing up even though the browser is listed in the set of applications? Just curious how that works. Thanks.
    DurangoJim, I don't mean to insult your intelligence (or BB knowledge), but did you try the "show all applications"? Maybe it is hidden?
    11-21-08 08:19 AM
    Hey just go to opitions then host routing table register now and your browser should be there...you may have to do a battery pull
    11-21-08 08:20 AM
    Well it could be hidden. But I've seen others saying they don't have a browser as well. It looks like the service books for the browser aren't being sent.
    11-21-08 08:21 AM
    Mine had no browser when I walked out of the store. I also didn't have any of the other Verizon apps seen in the review videos (visual voicemail, app center, etc.). The date and clock were also wrong, which NEVER happens with my phones because they get the time from the tower.

At around 8:00 am CT it seems to have fixed itself completely. Browser and other apps appeared. Time and date correct. I didn't do anything special as far as I know. I turned off and on the network connection, but that was all I remember.

Still shows as v .65 though.
    11-21-08 08:23 AM
    just call *611 and tell them you need your service books sent to you
    11-21-08 08:23 AM
    Speaking with VZW tier 2 service, common problem, also getting 1xev in lower case
    11-21-08 08:25 AM
    Yup, service books aren't being sent. Talked to rep, she put me on hold....came back and said we have to do a manual reset on the device. However, you can't be on the Storm when you do it and it's the only phone I have near me right now! SUCKS!
    11-21-08 08:25 AM
    Same here, mine has the wrong time, etc...
    11-21-08 08:26 AM
    I didn't get a cleaning cloth with mine....anyone else?
    11-21-08 08:30 AM
    Tech has it working now. wasn't registered on the network
    11-21-08 08:34 AM
    Were you able to talk on the Storm as they fixed it a sep phone?
    11-21-08 08:35 AM
    I did a battery pull and it seemed to register...its working now. Now if I could just figure out how to get everything from my old BB onto the Storm!
    11-21-08 08:37 AM
    Should we sticky a thread on issues so we all can share?
    11-21-08 08:38 AM
    Mine just showed up
    11-21-08 08:40 AM
    some storms are having problems and some are not, man when mine comes i hope it doesnt have any problems!!
    11-21-08 08:41 AM
    Mine is working too!! Yeeehooo! Now if I could just figure out how to get everything transfered from old BB to the Storm.
    11-21-08 08:43 AM
    Tech has it working now. wasn't registered on the network
    When it's not registered you go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>menu>Register Now. The you log into VZW BIS PAGE and send service books.
    11-21-08 08:46 AM
    Mine is working too!! Yeeehooo! Now if I could just figure out how to get everything transfered from old BB to the Storm.
    You can use the SDW(Switch Device Wizard) or you can backup the old device and restore to the new one.
    11-21-08 08:46 AM
    MIne is working fine, but the lower left hand corner of the screen is sooooo hard to click. Anyone else?
    11-21-08 08:48 AM
    When it's not registered you go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>menu>Register Now. The you log into VZW BIS PAGE and send service books.
    Yep, did all that on my own. Problem was BB wasn't accepting my pin or ESN as valid.
    11-21-08 08:49 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD