anyone know the life expectancy of the button under the screen?

only reason i ask is because when i first got this storm that was actually a replacement maybe sometime in Feb i believe the screen clicked very firm. like pushing down the menu button in the middle.

as of late however the screen click is very soft as if im pushing down a button on my PS3 controller.

I mean i think i might do average-above average typing on it and i type kind of fast. I txt, bbm, and email like crazy and im only getting busier and busier so i dont need to be using a phone that wont respond

i mean i love this phone but if the screen is going to steadily die on me i might have to jump to the Tour simply because eventually the screen will be obsolete as far as being able to type on it.
    06-23-09 09:48 PM
    not sure, but hopefully all of our devices go out when storm 2 comes out, so we can get a free storm 2 replacement.
    06-23-09 09:54 PM
    Life good if you got good hardware. Button under screen not really a spring in traditional sense. But hold up well for long time.
    06-23-09 09:57 PM
    Life good if you got good hardware. Button under screen not really a spring in traditional sense. But hold up well for long time.
    i guess i have bad hardware then.

this is crazy. it feels like i keep giving this phone the benefit of the doubt. if i get another one it will be my 4th. i had to have ONE replacement curve and it was my fault.
    06-23-09 10:02 PM
    it has little rubber strips about 1/2mm X 2mm on all 4 corners under screen that hold it off the buttons after 6 months i took mine apart and noticed the lower left one was deteriating more then the others so i can see it would eventually cause an issue
    06-24-09 06:52 AM
    2 months before it flies out the window
    06-24-09 02:46 PM
    I got 2 months out of my 1st 1. The whole bottom of the screen went limp on me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:58 PM
    My friends acreren sticks a bit when you push it down. Its bound to have a number of diff issues as its def the "weakest link" in terms of this phones hardware.

06-24-09 04:16 PM
    I'm on my 5th storm. Purchased my first one in January. Seems something always goes wrong with the hardware 1-2 months in.
    06-24-09 04:23 PM
    This is really annoying.

its like the phone doesnt want you to like it
    06-26-09 05:49 PM
    not sure, but hopefully all of our devices go out when storm 2 comes out, so we can get a free storm 2 replacement.
    And then you woke up :}

06-26-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD