So I just wanna know where its coming from, if anyone could give some insight. (how would you find where its coming from anyways)

Apps:

Tiltris
    Quickpull
    StormSlider (free)
    Facebook
    Windows Live Messenger
    YellowPages
    BBTran
    App World
    WeatherEye
    StopTilt

Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 05-14-09 at 11:16 PM.
    05-14-09 10:47 PM
    And I know right now everyonme is busy with the Storm 2 (ME Aswell as the rest of crackberry nation!!!), but the little question asking guys needs some help too LOL!
    05-14-09 10:49 PM
    I would have to say it's facebook, I had facebook on my storm and had a bad memory leak. My opinion I would delete that app and see what happens, not like it will cost you to re install that app. if that's not wear your memory leak is coming from.
    05-14-09 10:51 PM
    App World is known to leak memory..

How much we talking about here?
    05-14-09 10:53 PM
    Well Im cheap its not going to cost me to replace any of my apps lol but I will try that and see if its any better thanks, its a useless app anyways I should have deleted it along time ago, going on the browser is so much better.
    05-14-09 10:55 PM
    Well I got the quickpull scheduled at 12 midnight and when I wake up my memorys about 42.9 ish and through out the day it will just keep going down further and further, lowest Ive seen it was 23.1 and the quickpull goes off at the end of the day and its back up to 39-43 when I wake up again.

If thats even classified as a memory leak, I certainly feel like it is.
    05-14-09 10:58 PM
    Is your Storm lagging? If not, why worry about app memory?
    05-14-09 11:02 PM
    And I have never had a memory leak with Facebook.

The best thing to do (and I know it sounds like a hassle) is to remove each of the apps, one at a time, and let it go a couple of days between each removal. Eventually you will remove one and that memory leak will be gone... then you have your culprit.

Also... themes? Are you using a theme other than the stock one? If so, that could be your memory leak right there.
    05-14-09 11:03 PM
    Can a theme cause battery loss too? Or is it probably one of the other apps I recently installed?
    05-14-09 11:05 PM
    Can a theme cause battery loss too? Or is it probably one of the other apps I recently installed?
    Hmmm... I don't know about battery loss. Does one of your apps update automatically in the background? Do you have it set to update too frequently? That can cause memory loss as well as battery loss.
    05-14-09 11:07 PM
    And I have never had a memory leak with Facebook.

The best thing to do (and I know it sounds like a hassle) is to remove each of the apps, one at a time, and let it go a couple of days between each removal. Eventually you will remove one and that memory leak will be gone... then you have your culprit.

Also... themes? Are you using a theme other than the stock one? If so, that could be your memory leak right there.
    Ill stick with the memory leak lol thats to much, but facebook is useless Im deleting it either way.
    05-14-09 11:07 PM
    Delete App World too, and dont forget to batt pull after the deletions
    05-14-09 11:09 PM
    Well it restarts the device is that good enough or should I do an actual battery pull.
    05-14-09 11:11 PM
    Well it restarts the device is that good enough or should I do an actual battery pull.
    Same thing...just a battery pull resets your uptime if you keep track of that
    05-14-09 11:14 PM
    Have you downloaded a memory app that tracks your losses. that help me so much. meterberry work just great.
    05-14-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD