Lets make a list of Storm Problems
04-06-09 03:00 PM
- We raed the change log for the .113 OS so lets make a list of the problems that we feel the Storm has. I like the Storm but it has a few problems for me. I have not seen a comprehensive list of issues so I thought it would be good to make a list. You are encouraged to list your issues. No problem in repeating others issues. If there is a list please point me to it. This is not meant as a rant so lets try to be objective. Also please specify the OS you are using. Here are the problems I found most annoying.
I am running the .75 OS with no apps.
Bluetooth headset fails to work intermittently, when initiating dialing with the headset as the VAD module hangs at "initializing, please wait". This has happened with 2 different Storms and 3 different headsets. Battery pull is the only thing that restores the headset operation for a while. BB and VZW have not been able to provide solution to this.
Camera is so slow that it is useless.
Last edited by lv1; 04-06-09 at 08:43 AM.04-06-09 08:40 AM
- I have a a problem with the switching from portrait to standard views. There's quite a a delay IMO. That and the battery is ok but not great. I do use my phone all day with internet calls and apps. Over all the reaction time is off, switching from views or apps sometimes it gets backed up.
Im running v18.104.22.168 (platform 22.214.171.124)
Also as a suggestion maybe they can make it so that your homepage pic will be int he background in either view.....
NJBourne2304-06-09 09:01 AM
- It doesn't sound like a rant - no tears or name calling yet. About the bluetooth thing though - it's been my experience that outdoors blutooth devices are intermitent quite often. Lots of radio waves out there that mess with it. Indoors or in a car they are much better. I don't believe that this is a device or carrier connected problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm sure someone will! LOL04-06-09 09:12 AM
- It doesn't sound like a rant - no tears or name calling yet. About the bluetooth thing though - it's been my experience that outdoors blutooth devices are intermitent quite often. Lots of radio waves out there that mess with it. Indoors or in a car they are much better. I don't believe that this is a device or carrier connected problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm sure someone will! LOL04-06-09 09:36 AM
- Two more problems that need to be added to the list:
- Owners who can't figure out how to operate the device.
- Non-owners who keep posting their opinions about the device.
Oh yeah: Running .109 (and loving it!)
Last edited by richs10; 04-06-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added OS version04-06-09 09:45 AM
Camera still a little slow, but very usable now.
Memory leak a little, although probably related to 3rd party apps. Nothing terrible though...
I think Suretype worked better on my pearl that it does on the Storm. I know that it learns as you use it more and that may be the problem.
Virtual screens much harder to type on after consuming alcohol ;-)
Really...not many issues with the phone.04-06-09 09:49 AM
- The phone itself still needs to be twice as fast then it is. The camera is shocking on any OS and its inconsistant. I think thats what annoys me the most about this phone, the whole thing is simply inconsistant. One minute its running fast with no glitches.... 1 hour later its slow and freezing up.
I played with an I phone last night and i have to say this phone still has a long way to go to match the speed, Apps and smoothness of the I phone.
Im Running .113, and overall im not that impressed by it.04-06-09 09:55 AM
- With my 113 phone has almost no memory leak. Camera works better than other cell phones I have had. Battery is fine. We have smart phones, I don't expect them to last for three days. Most peoples battery problem is from taking it out so much. The more you pull the battery the quicker it will change in that cycle.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-06-09 09:57 AM
- About the bluetooth thing though - it's been my experience that outdoors blutooth devices are intermitent quite often. Lots of radio waves out there that mess with it. Indoors or in a car they are much better. I don't believe that this is a device or carrier connected problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm sure someone will! LOL04-06-09 10:01 AM
- After upgrading to .113 the Storm just seems much more capable at everything. Camera is much more stable and usable. Hasn't rebooted by itself since then and bluetooth is rock solid, no more problems with it at all. And my battery life which was good before the upgrade, didn't get any worse, still get almost two full days on a charge.
I cant biotch about it too much. I love my Storm!
I think we should leave this thread where it is, it's not so much a rant but a place where we can all report what problems we have with which OS we're running.04-06-09 10:02 AM
- After owning my storm for a little over a week, I have found a few quirks that, although I can live with, I dislike:
#1: Lag on the accelerometer
#2: Slow camera
#3: Random hang ups of the os when switching applications
#4: Weak vibration mode
#5: Uneven screen click/slow responsiveness of the screen
ETA: I am still running on .75 just to avoid any issues should I choose to return it within my 30 period.04-06-09 10:05 AM
- I agree, if you don't like the phone, just get rid of it.
We've all had are ups and downs with this device, but you have to remember just like any relationship, if you keep working at it to fix the problems, eventually it get better... At least i hope so... lol... anyway... i'm running .113 and i can honestly say i have no real problems with it at all. The only thing i really want for this device is a good slide lock option. I've used slide lock, however i hate that you have to unarm the main lock then use slide lock? is there any way to replace them? i haven't really tried talk lock, does anyone know if it will solve my little issue?
Thanks J...04-06-09 10:09 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
Lets make a list of Storm Problems
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD