Just saw this on BGR, but apparently some students expressed their opinion's of the S2 toward McAdam leaving him thinking that the S2 is what the general public expected out of the S1...

I know there is a lot of talk about Big Red mailing out some type of upgrade information to Storm Owners, but in all honesty, I'm not holding my breath nor am I giving up hope.

After seeing this, I'm curious to know what will happen in the end.

Verizon Wireless CEO parades around with BlackBerry Storm 2 : Boy Genius Report
    10-14-09 08:01 PM
    Honestly the storm isn't that bad. If vzw offer us an upgrade I would consider it, but they don't owe it too us. I'm due for an upgrade in a month I'm considering the storm two, imagio, and the sholes..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 08:35 PM
    I'd love to know what it is that the Storm 1 doesn't do that anyone thought it was supposed to. It works exactly like I thought it would. Even on .75 it did what I expected and it's continued to do better with every update.

Saying that the Storm 2 is what the original Storm was supposed to be is like saying the IBM T41 laptop is what the previous years T40 should have been...it's got a faster processor, more memory and a larger hard drive. Of coarse it has all that stuff. We call it technological advances. It's what happens as time progresses and people figure out how to do things better. It doesn't mean that anyone was taken advantage of. Making these comparisons is ignorant.
    10-14-09 09:23 PM
    I'd love to know what it is that the Storm 1 doesn't do that anyone thought it was supposed to. It works exactly like I thought it would. Even on .75 it did what I expected and it's continued to do better with every update.

Saying that the Storm 2 is what the original Storm was supposed to be is like saying the IBM T41 laptop is what the previous years T40 should have been...it's got a faster processor, more memory and a larger hard drive. Of coarse it has all that stuff. We call it technological advances. It's what happens as time progresses and people figure out how to do things better. It doesn't mean that anyone was taken advantage of. Making these comparisons is ignorant.
    awsome reply, couldnt have said it better myself
    10-14-09 09:27 PM

Agree'd. I love my S1 and wouldn't change anything. HOWEVER, with that being said. I won't turn down a s2 for a good price
    10-14-09 09:41 PM

Actually what they showed in their adds and how it responded isn't what you got when you got S1 on .75. Now yes of course as upgrades come about the product gets better, that doesn't mean that the orignal product was what was expected or advertised.
    10-14-09 09:42 PM
    I hope they don't stop supporting the original Storm when the S2 comes out. I just got my Storm a little while ago and I'm not due for an upgrade for a year now
    10-14-09 09:44 PM
    They won't they will have storm stuff for years to come. I just got my storm couple months ago

10-14-09 10:48 PM
    Actually what they showed in their adds and how it responded isn't what you got when you got S1 on .75. Now yes of course as upgrades come about the product gets better, that doesn't mean that the orignal product was what was expected or advertised.
    yeah, because you know, advertisements say "look at all the stuff it won't do when you finally get it!!"

and since everybody compares everything to the iphone, look at their commercials... during the commercial, in very clear lettering at the bottom, there is a disclaimer saying "app sequences shortened". Yet, I can't think of anybody I know who has or had an iphone whine about that like the people on this forum do about the Storm.

I don't recall EVER seeing anything in a Storm commercial and later called foul. people just need to grow up and deal with it.
    10-14-09 10:55 PM
    It is pretty sweet. wifi 16gig mem card and 2 gig onboard memory.... im excited about this one.. plus some peeps i know got to play with one and they say its SWEEET
    10-14-09 11:06 PM
    Storm 1 isn't a bad phone but the memory leak is a pain in the *** !!! I barely have any downloads or applications and I start off with 13mbs. I did upgrade to the actual leaked OS 5.0.0.230 and the memory leakage has improved. Now obviously with time majority of products improve but for those who have the storm 1 and have issues should have an opportunity to upgrade to The Storm 2 but somewhere in between the retail and the new 2 year contract price. I do love my Storm 1 but the application memory definitely pisses me off and that would be my reason if I was offered the chance other than how awesome The Storm 2 looks like it will be. Also the one advertisement that the Storm 2 will have a BoGo offer if that's true which we will find out is a damn middle finger to all the people stuck with the Storm 1 that are trying to figure out ways to get their hands on the Storm 2 LOL !!!

10-15-09 02:02 AM
    UOTE=SeanT316;3824103]Storm 1 isn't a bad phone but the memory leak is a pain in the *** !!! I barely have any downloads or applications and I start off with 13mbs. I did upgrade to the actual leaked OS 5.0.0.230 and the memory leakage has improved. Now obviously with time majority of products improve but for those who have the storm 1 and have issues should have an opportunity to upgrade to The Storm 2 but somewhere in between the retail and the new 2 year contract price. I do love my Storm 1 but the application memory definitely pisses me off and that would be my reason if I was offered the chance other than how awesome The Storm 2 looks like it will be. Also the one advertisement that the Storm 2 will have a BoGo offer if that's true which we will find out is a damn middle finger to all the people stuck with the Storm 1 that are trying to figure out ways to get their hands on the Storm 2 LOL !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

I've been happy with mind when it works. Buy I am on my third. First one suffered random reboots and the tech couldn't fix it, second had dead spots with screen clicks, third (current) has a very squeaky and annoying screen click and low app memory. Past few days I have been having multiple lock ups resulting in battery pulls.

I like my phone yes, but it has more flaws than all my phones in the past combined.

10-15-09 02:51 AM
    I love how people b*tch and moan on here whenever someone suggests that they hope that verizon follows at&t's lead, and offers a discount for storm1 users who want storm2.

If they offer a discount you do not have to use it.

Verizon will probably let you pay full price even if you're due for an upgrade.
    10-15-09 03:10 AM
    I love how people b*tch and moan on here whenever someone suggests that they hope that verizon follows at&t's lead, and offers a discount for storm1 users who want storm2.

If they offer a discount you do not have to use it.

Verizon will probably let you pay full price even if you're due for an upgrade.
    Aw, bull pucky. It will be offered at a discount just like any other phone they've had.

And where did you see people b#tching? I didn't see any. I saw a sensible discussion until I read your post. And who would be foolish enough not to use a discount if offered?
    10-15-09 06:15 AM
    Aw, bull pucky. It will be offered at a discount just like any other phone they've had.

And where did you see people b#tching? I didn't see any. I saw a sensible discussion until I read your post. And who would be foolish enough not to use a discount if offered?
    I absolutely refuse to make a sensible post on here until others (like you) set the example of how it should be done.

Calling someone ignorant for suggesting they should get an upgrade seems kinda like b*tching to me.

It only gets worse in the 10 million other threads with the same exact subject as this, I just happened to pick this one to post in.
    10-15-09 12:24 PM
    Personally, I didn't think I was making myself vulnerable to a few post higher up. Goes to show that no matter your attitude, your going to be open to such remarks.

But I would like to see a upgrAde option. I'm on my third and its safe to day that we all can probably agree that the Storm has been a very controversial product, right?

10-15-09 01:03 PM
    I absolutely refuse to make a sensible post on here until others (like you) set the example of how it should be done.

Calling someone ignorant for suggesting they should get an upgrade seems kinda like b*tching to me.

It only gets worse in the 10 million other threads with the same exact subject as this, I just happened to pick this one to post in.
    I never actually called anyone ignorant. I said that making these comparisons saying that the Storm 2 is what the Storm 1 should have been is ignorant. The S2 is a newer, more technologically advanced device. It should be better. And the S1 was exactly what it was supposed to be when it was created and sold, which is a great device in my opinion.
    10-15-09 01:31 PM
    Just saw this on BGR, but apparently some students expressed their opinion's of the S2 toward McAdam leaving him thinking that the S2 is what the general public expected out of the S1...

I know there is a lot of talk about Big Red mailing out some type of upgrade information to Storm Owners, but in all honesty, I'm not holding my breath nor am I giving up hope.

After seeing this, I'm curious to know what will happen in the end.

Verizon Wireless CEO parades around with BlackBerry Storm 2 : Boy Genius Report
    If your voice plan is $49.99/month or higher...you qualify for the 2 year contract price after being only one year into your contract.
    10-15-09 01:49 PM
    I never actually called anyone ignorant. I said that making these comparisons saying that the Storm 2 is what the Storm 1 should have been is ignorant. The S2 is a newer, more technologically advanced device. It should be better. And the S1 was exactly what it was supposed to be when it was created and sold, which is a great device in my opinion.
    Sorry man, my lack of reading comprehension kicked into overdrive there.

There are people on here who are going bat**** crazy about anyone mentioning a discount though, and it doesn't make any sense.

I too love my storm, but if they offer no discount, I will be adding a line for storm2.
    10-15-09 02:19 PM
    There was a great comment on the BGR post....

I wonder if the Storm 3 will be what the storm 2 should have been?

Going along with the iPhone comparisons, it STILL isn't what the original phone should have been and they're on the 3rd try!

Basic Verizon phones have supported tethering since 2004. Where is the iPhone? Removable battery?
    Just because ATT makes poor business decisions, doesn't mean VZW needs to copy them.

10-15-09 02:24 PM
    I hope they don't stop supporting the original Storm when the S2 comes out. I just got my Storm a little while ago and I'm not due for an upgrade for a year now

My experience from alltel so hopefully Verizon is the same. I lost a phone while flying. When I got home I filed an insurance claim and the phone I had was no longer in the inventory so I was given the phone that replaced it. So if that applies to Verizon and Blackberries if you lose or break your phone when the S1 is no longer around you should get the new one.
    10-15-09 03:02 PM
    My experience from alltel so hopefully Verizon is the same. I lost a phone while flying. When I got home I filed an insurance claim and the phone I had was no longer in the inventory so I was given the phone that replaced it. So if that applies to Verizon and Blackberries if you lose or break your phone when the S1 is no longer around you should get the new one.
    It does but they have plenty of refurb Storm 1's in stock and will most likely continue to well in to the life of the Storm 2. Maybe a year from now it might work.
    10-15-09 03:13 PM
    You know, at first I was thinking that it would be a bad business descision to offer discounted upgrades to storm 1 owners. It just got me that RIM most know that Verizon is on the cusp of also releasing two android devices with better specs. It might be in RIMs best interest to offer a discount to keep customers. Verizon couldn't care less because the customers will still likely renew their contract with any of their new phones but perhaps RIM might offer the discount to Verizon in which they can pass it on. This is of course all hypothetical in that nothing has been confirmed. I doubt its true myself. Sounds like pure speculation to me and in no way do we deserve a discount. I can say that of one was given that I may give a second thought to staying with blackberry, if not I will likely go to another manufacture myself.

10-15-09 03:21 PM
    I think the worse case scenario is that Verizon will let anyone who has a S1 and want to upgrade, buy the S2 for $199. with a new, 2 year agreement. Best case would be a discounted price for S1 users that give us an S2 for maybe $100. I don't see Verizon making S1 owners pay full retail ($400?), but at this point, it's all a guessing game. I'll probably stick with the one I have for another year. It's been a great phone for me.
    10-15-09 04:10 PM
    It does but they have plenty of refurb Storm 1's in stock and will most likely continue to well in to the life of the Storm 2. Maybe a year from now it might work.
    Yeah I was 16 months into the contract and to early to upgrade.

I personally like my phone with .230 on it. It�s an awesome phone. What do people expect it�s a 1st generation phone. All brand new technology of course it�s going to have its issues. I think every single one of us with the S1 were "product testers". I think with .148 on it is how RIM really wanted that phone and took in all the compliments and complaints we had and just made a good phone even better.
    10-15-09 05:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD