When I receive an email, an SMS or whatever, my red LED light flashes, but then after about 10 minutes it ceases to flash; is there any way I can get the LED to continue to flash until I open up the message and read it?
    01-02-09 10:11 AM
    I've Been Having This Same Problem And I Can't Figure It Out Any Help Would Be Appreciated.
    01-02-09 10:17 AM
    I had this problem for about 2-3 days. I just did a couple of battery pulls and I was good to go.

Let me know if that works.
    01-02-09 10:22 AM
    Check out the App BBAlerts, it's available in the CB store
    01-02-09 10:42 AM
    I had the same issue. I spoke with verizon cs, who told me they called RIM while i was on hold. RIM told the verizon rep that it was built that way, that there were no settings to fix it at this time. The red LED stops blinking after exactly 15 min for sms and email. I am new to blackberry so i also asked about if the LED would blink red after i missed a call w/o a voicemail being left. The RIM rep told the verizon rep that it would not blink after a missed call w/o a vm. That the phone was built that way. So maybe someday with a software update thiese issues will be addressed. But who knows if i was told the truth about the verizon rep really calling RIM?
    01-02-09 10:54 AM
    I just think it's stupid! If they put such a great feature such as a blinking LED (nice and discreet) on the phone to show whether I have a message, it should show it until I open the message rather than me having to unlock the phone to see whether I have any. Come on, RIM, these are basic functions. Give us the choice!
    01-03-09 09:09 AM
    I just noticed this problem, thought I had no messages, when I did. I didnt realize that the LED only blinked for 15 min. Is there a setting, or an app, that can customize this, so that the LED keeps blinking until the messages are checked?
    01-08-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD