I've heard rumors the sleeve is too tight and actually can cause problems for the screen and actual hardware buttons.

True?

False?

12-14-08 08:27 AM
    I have this case and I have had no problems.
    12-14-08 08:32 AM
    Same here, no problems with this sleeve. Works great.
    12-14-08 08:55 AM
    I've heard rumors the sleeve is too tight and actually can cause problems for the screen and actual hardware buttons.

True?

False?

false

10char
    12-14-08 08:59 AM
    I've been using the sleeve for the past week. No problems at all, and it's definitely not too tight. If my Storm isn't in my hands or on a cradle, it's in the sleeve.
    12-14-08 09:35 AM
    I got this case this past Friday and it works perfect,don't believe the hype.
    12-14-08 09:36 AM
    Yesterday, I receieved the leather sleeve, and I too thought it was to tight. The only difference is, I bought the one with the BB logo in metal, on the front, not the recessed logo. Does it make it difference? I put it in yesterday and it felt very tight? Should I keep it? The buttons won't fall off? Thanks!
    12-14-08 09:40 AM
    Yesterday, I receieved the leather sleeve, and I too thought it was to tight. The only difference is, I bought the one with the BB logo in metal, on the front, not the recessed logo. Does it make it difference? I put it in yesterday and it felt very tight? Should I keep it? The buttons won't fall off? Thanks!
    You've got the genuine leather one-- that's the one with the button. It will mold better to the shape of the Storm over time whereas the embossed one is koiskin, a good synthetic leather, but will not mold it's shape the same.

I have both of these and note the koiskin one (no BB button) is a bit more grippy, which is nice for your dashboard or other uneven surface. It also hold the Storm better, but not too tight to cause damage.

The one issue I have noted is the padding in both of them is slightly off center and because of that the support on the rail alongside the screen is lost and the pad actually depresses the click screen on the Storm with the slightest of pressure on the outside of the case. Otherwise, it does a nice job or protecting the device.

In the end I use the genuine leather one-- mostly because I prefer the finer things in life.
    12-14-08 09:56 AM
    Sweet, thanks for all the replies guys and gals.

I think I'll pick one up today in anticipation of my Storm's arrival tomorrow

12-14-08 10:56 AM
    You've got the genuine leather one-- that's the one with the button. It will mold better to the shape of the Storm over time whereas the embossed one is koiskin, a good synthetic leather, but will not mold it's shape the same.

I have both of these and note the koiskin one (no BB button) is a bit more grippy, which is nice for your dashboard or other uneven surface. It also hold the Storm better, but not too tight to cause damage.

The one issue I have noted is the padding in both of them is slightly off center and because of that the support on the rail alongside the screen is lost and the pad actually depresses the click screen on the Storm with the slightest of pressure on the outside of the case. Otherwise, it does a nice job or protecting the device.

In the end I use the genuine leather one-- mostly because I prefer the finer things in life.
    thanks for the info! I'm going to keep it.
    12-14-08 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD