Iv gave my storm a few knocks and bumps over its time but nothing major happened except for the bezel being scratched and turning black..and then when i was thinking of getting a new bezel..the screen cracked still works good as new but i want to replace it. Due to being a UK customer im looking on Blackberry Repairs Blackberry Spares Reconditioned Blackberry and have found this

9500 Storm LCD Screen Digitizer T1 9500 Storm

problem is it says there are two types and i have to pick which one:S how the **** do i know which one for me?

Also does that include everything to have the screen back to normal dont get the whole Digitizer thing..and whats a "front housing" does that include a bezel and stuff? Thanks..
    06-29-09 04:12 PM
    Ok I'm not sure what the 2 different types of LCD's that they're talking about...

But the storm screen includes 2 pieces: the "digitizer" which is the electronic glass that you are touching, and an LCD screen that is underneith the glass. So you may have only cracked the glass, and not the LCD.

Search Youtube on how to take appart a storm, and you'll see it.
    06-29-09 04:34 PM
    Iv gave my storm a few knocks and bumps over its time but nothing major happened except for the bezel being scratched and turning black..and then when i was thinking of getting a new bezel..the screen cracked still works good as new but i want to replace it. Due to being a UK customer im looking on Blackberry Repairs Blackberry Spares Reconditioned Blackberry and have found this

9500 Storm LCD Screen Digitizer T1 9500 Storm

problem is it says there are two types and i have to pick which one:S how the **** do i know which one for me?

Also does that include everything to have the screen back to normal dont get the whole Digitizer thing..and whats a "front housing" does that include a bezel and stuff? Thanks..
    You have to disassemble your phone to see which digitizer you need. Type one has Numbers in this format: LCD-16693-014 / LS033B3UX01. Type 2 has numbers in this format: DXS8450MP 041608 / LCD-16693-002/024. (The numbers are on the ribbon cable the connect the digitizer to the main board.)

If you read the product descriptions on the website you listed you will see what the Front Housing includes.

You might want to contact them to find out specifically about the bezel. On my 9530 (in USA) the Camera, Headphone jack, and Side buttons are mounted in a separate housing which is internal. The speaker is mounted in the front cover, which includes the bezel and the bottom "hard" keys. Maybe the 9500 and 9530 are physically different????

Anyone know?
    Last edited by shivaji; 06-29-09 at 05:42 PM.
    06-29-09 05:33 PM
    I don't think that they are different in terms of the housing. The only difference should only be with the main boards. One running GSM hardware and the other running CDMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:04 PM
    Does anyone know which screen goes to 9530? I'm asking assuming one type is for 9500 and one for 9530 but it always say 9500/9530 then in the description to make sure you are getting the correct on because they are not compatible.
    07-01-09 10:17 PM
    Does anyone know which screen goes to 9530? I'm asking assuming one type is for 9500 and one for 9530 but it always say 9500/9530 then in the description to make sure you are getting the correct on because they are not compatible.
    see post #3.
    07-01-09 10:31 PM
    I am researching my options to replace the screen of my 9530 too. sottyc, all you have to check with your phone is, whether it has 014 version or 024 version digitizer. I searched dozens of websites to realize that 014 is the earlier version of which the circuit band is in gold color, and the 024 version is the next version with green color circuit band. By the circuit band I mean the one that comes attached to the screen that connects to the main board.
    If you open the battery cover of your phone, you can get a glimpse of the circuit band through a hole. If it is gold, it's 014, and if it is green, it's 024.
    I hope this helps.
    07-28-10 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD