I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. So, here goes...

Is there a way to download apps to the Media Card (SD) and launch them from there? I used to be able to do this on my Palm Treo, which saved me a lot of space on my device memory. I can't seem to figure out a way to do this on the Storm.

Any ideas?
    04-05-09 12:12 PM
    Nope, can't do it.
    04-05-09 12:20 PM
    when you find a way to save apps on your memory card, let the rest of the community know! then i might let you know how to launch them from there!
    04-05-09 12:24 PM
    there's already an app that will let you STORE apps on an sd card. It's called 'aerize card loader', and you can purchase it in the cb appstore. Unfortunately, in order to RUN the apps., they have to be reloaded into the device memory. I spoke with a regional blackberry rep last saturday, who was touring thru some of the VZW retail stores here in central Arkansas, and I posed that particular question to her. She replied that there are no current plans for an app that allows applications to run from an sd card, in the works, that she is aware of, (?)

Bummer. If there's one Item that would make BB users happier than they already are, this would probably be it.
    Last edited by Gothamart; 04-05-09 at 12:44 PM.
    04-05-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD