So many sites offer a lanyard for the blackberry storm. and if one searches it on google then information only comes up the Bold or 9000. So i was just wondering if anyone new if there was in fact a way to connect a lanyard or if theres no way at all
    thx...
    03-22-09 01:47 PM
    no i dont think so. i wish though!
    03-22-09 02:40 PM
    I wouldn't do it with such an expensive device. Safer in a holster or your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 04:45 PM
    I wouldn't do it with such an expensive device. Safer in a holster or your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agreed... a holster or pocket is a safer option however you could take a piece of string and tie that on like a lanyard. I'm just saying get creative towards your own needs
    03-22-09 05:37 PM
    I have no clue where you would attach a lanyard. There is no spot that would be safe to do so.
    03-22-09 05:38 PM
    agreed... a holster or pocket is a safer option however you could take a piece of string and tie that on like a lanyard. I'm just saying get creative towards your own needs
    And that would get secured to the Storm how?
    03-22-09 05:39 PM
    And that would get secured to the Storm how?
    eh just throwing the idea out there...that is something they would have to figure out
    03-22-09 05:46 PM
    I can't seem to post a pic from my storm so ill do it from my laptop later. I always carry my storm using a silicone skin with a detachable clip and retractable ID tag spooler which I clip on to my belt. I clip it on to my belt on the reverse side of the belt to hide the spool and for better security. The thin lanyard loop strings thru the. Mic hole and out thru the speaker hole. I use a OEM Verizon case made for the Treo which is large enough to accommodate the silicone skin and has a magnet to lock the Storms screen.
    03-22-09 06:22 PM
    You can also use the storm without detaching the black string if it doesn't make you feel dorky.
    03-23-09 07:48 PM
    If you notice I also attach a clip (black mini mountain-climbers type) from the leather case to a belt loop. I've lost case and phones while at carnivals or just in the grass playing in the grass with the kids.
    03-23-09 07:54 PM
    Sorry about the less than average pic. I hope you can see that the string spools out downward towards the ground. You have to set your phone to 'Lock when in holster' if you would like the feature of not dialing unintentionally. I left the ID badge snap clip because I'm thinking that it might become handy ie name tag, but I'll probably end up removing because nothing practical comes to mind just yet. thanks for reading.

jcollings785 jcollings785

Default Lanyard for Storm??!??
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon

Default Lanyard for Storm??!??
    So many sites offer a lanyard for the blackberry storm. and if one searches it on google then information only comes up the Bold or 9000. So i was just wondering if anyone new if there was in fact a way to connect a lanyard or if theres no way at all
    thx...
    Last edited by bavaria904; 03-23-09 at 08:25 PM. Reason: add picture
    03-23-09 07:55 PM
    I just noticed that I placed the fake picture that came with the treo case UPSIDE DOWN, I hope that it doesn't confuse anyone.

The string MUST 'LOOP' thru the speaker hole first then come out thru the mic hole. this does 3 things...
    1) it keeps the male portion of the quick-release clip near the mike hole during daily use (instead of behind the phone when resting phone on your desk)and 2) I tried stringing the string thru the L.E.D. hole and coming out from the top hole but it gets in the 'clip' way of the camera too often and
    3) it gets confusing and awkward when trying to answer a call quickly with the string tethering from the top of the storm.
    03-23-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD