I just got my storm, I've had it for almost a day now. I added a Windows 7 theme, then a few hours later, my phone became very laggy, even with a battery pull. Is that normal? I'm running .75, and I'll be upgrading to .141 soon.. Will that make much of a difference?
    05-18-09 09:02 AM
    yes, upgrading to .132 or .141 will be the best. Definite increase in speed with both OS's. .75 is extremely slow especially with 3rd party themes. Some themes STILL lag a bit, will be trial and error on what you like. there is a clear one and Blackberry pro V3 that are very fast and nice looking as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/crystal-clear-209399/ thats the clear. Multiple colors

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/al...natemz-228343/ thats the pro v3.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 05-18-09 at 09:16 AM.
    05-18-09 09:05 AM
    I just got my storm, I've had it for almost a day now. I added a Windows 7 theme, then a few hours later, my phone became very laggy, even with a battery pull. Is that normal? I'm running .75, and I'll be upgrading to .141 soon.. Will that make much of a difference?
    Yes, some themes can be pretty "heavy" and bog the phone down. I don't have any experience with the theme you are using, so I cannot say for sure that's what's causing the lag. If you are upgrading anyway, then just see how the theme runs with the new OS, and if the phone is still lagging (and you are sure that the theme is causing it, and not another 3rd party app), then stop using the theme.
    05-18-09 09:05 AM
    Thats what I kinda figured.. But this is my First BB, and its gonna take me awhile to get use to it.. It took me forever, but I went back to the original theme.. I kinda like it the best though.
    05-18-09 09:07 AM
    Yeh i'm afraid of other themes!
    05-18-09 11:03 AM
    yea, I stick to the original (Precision Zen). Have yet to see one that makes me wanna switch. And movin from a Windows Mobile device I just wanna stay as far away from Windows Mobile............................................ ...........................as possible. Good luck with the lag. Hopefully a different OS works for ya.
    05-18-09 11:10 AM
    I wouldnt bother with themes on the storm, everyone I have had has always sucked due to being laggy, slow, or just sucked.
    05-18-09 12:05 PM
    I just have to throw this in here, because I have found a theme in the Themes Forum here on CB that I really love, and it hasn't affected the memory or the performance of my phone at all... it is called Custom_Dark.
    05-18-09 12:16 PM
    I've been through quite a few themes, the best I've found is AppleBerry (link in my sig). The free version runs very well also, the developer has been very active in the thread with people reporting bugs and issues. The latest release has been lag free for me.
    05-18-09 03:16 PM
    I have about a half dozen themes and they all work well
    05-18-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD