Yes, I have seen the threads for the small list of apps available for the Storm. Yes I know it's only been out for a short time and developers are working on stuff. But I've had my Storm since release day and want more applications now! I want some cool games! I wanted better themes! I want more applications optimized and designed around a touch screen! I have an iPod Touch and while 95% of the 10,1000+ applications available for it are junk or redundant, that leaves a large pool of nice applications available for it. Is it so wrong to want some of them for my Storm? This phone is slowly improving as the OS stabilizes and could be so much more with some better apps.
    12-21-08 11:17 AM
    Ill Fed-ex you a tissue box.
    12-21-08 11:21 AM
    you're not wrong.. but you are impatient (no worries, i am too)

remember that the iphone has been out for 1.5 years..im sure there will be a comparable amount of storm apps when its been out that long.
    12-21-08 11:24 AM
    It's a phone first, toy next. Give it some time.
    12-21-08 11:24 AM
    RIM comes out with their app store in March. Lets hope when it does open, that it's fully stocked with goodies.
    12-21-08 11:28 AM
    12-21-08 11:31 AM
    It's been exactly one month now since the phone launched. What exactly do you expect? And for that matter, what specifically is it that you want your phone to be able to do that it isn't able to do already?
    12-21-08 11:33 AM
    Yes, I have seen the threads for the small list of apps available for the Storm. Yes I know it's only been out for a short time and developers are working on stuff. But I've had my Storm since release day and want more applications now! I want some cool games! I wanted better themes! I want more applications optimized and designed around a touch screen! I have an iPod Touch and while 95% of the 10,1000+ applications available for it are junk or redundant, that leaves a large pool of nice applications available for it. Is it so wrong to want some of them for my Storm? This phone is slowly improving as the OS stabilizes and could be so much more with some better apps.
    Patience young Jedi
    12-21-08 11:37 AM
    Didn't the Iphone launch with the app store working perfectly with 100,000 apps.
    12-21-08 11:37 AM
    Didn't the Iphone launch with the app store working perfectly with 100,000 apps.
    no, it launched with much fewer
    12-21-08 11:39 AM
    RIM will make the app store as big and bad as the apple app store very soon..it does take time and in a perfect world it would have been up and running prior to the release of the phone but also keep in mind that like has been previously stated the iToy has been out for a couple years now and it has taken them that long to get this far..Also I wouldnt count on seeing a wide range of applications until 95% of the OS bugs are worked out..

Then you also have to consider that this is a new venture for rim..meaning not only the touch screen but also opening themselves up to the masses as a general user device instead of being business centric...Give it time they will not disappoint ...I am wanting to see new touch specific apps also .. but for right now, I am still very happy with this device as it stands...
    12-21-08 11:41 AM
    Little to no apps is the price we pay for geting a brand new deivce/tech.

How many games were out for the PS3 after one month? PSP?, X360?, (that Apple phone I refuse to mention...duh)

software writers need time...
    the apps will come
    12-21-08 11:42 AM
    seriously, people need to quit complaining and start writing their own if they're this impatient!
    12-21-08 11:50 AM
    I'll eagerly await it, track it online, and then wait outside the house for the FedEx guy much like I did with the Storm box.
    12-21-08 11:56 AM
    i think it's close to 100,000 now though
    12-21-08 12:02 PM
    The App store didn't even launch for well over like 2 years if I'm not mistaken. It didn't launch until after the 3g was released correct?

Ours is going to launch in March which isn't bad at all

Also you think people can just code this stuff up you're crazy. Here is a simple program that just prints some text to the screen nothing more nothing less

[PHP]/**
    * HelloWorld.java
    * The sentinal sample!
    * Copyright � 1998-2008 Research In Motion Ltd.
    * Note: For the sake of simplicity, this sample application may not leverage
    * resource bundles and resource strings. However, it is STRONGLY recommended
    * that application developers make use of the localization features available
    * within the BlackBerry development platform to ensure a seamless application
    * experience across a variety of languages and geographies. For more information
    * on localizing your application, please refer to the BlackBerry Java Development
    * Environment Development Guide associated with this release.
    */

package com.rim.samples.device.helloworlddemo;

import net.rim.device.api.ui.UiApplication;
    import net.rim.device.api.ui.container.MainScreen;
    import net.rim.device.api.ui.Field;
    import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.Dialog;
    import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.LabelField;
    import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.RichTextField;

/*
    * BlackBerry applications that provide a user interface must extend
    * UiApplication.
    */
    class HelloWorldDemo extends UiApplication
    {
    /**
    * Entry point for application.
    */
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    // Create a new instance of the application.
    HelloWorldDemo theApp = new HelloWorldDemo();

// To make the application enter the event thread and start processing messages,
    // we invoke the enterEventDispatcher() method.
    theApp.enterEventDispatcher();
    }

/**
    * <p>The default constructor. Creates all of the RIM UI components and pushes the
    * application's root screen onto the UI stack.
    */
    private HelloWorldDemo()
    {
    // Push the main screen instance onto the UI stack for rendering.
    pushScreen(new HelloWorldScreen());
    }
    }

/**
    * Create a new screen that extends MainScreen, which provides default standard
    * behavior for BlackBerry applications.
    */
    /*package*/ final class HelloWorldScreen extends MainScreen
    {

/**
    * HelloWorldScreen constructor.
    */
    HelloWorldScreen()
    {
    // Add a field to the title region of the screen. We use a simple LabelField
    // here. The ELLIPSIS option truncates the label text with "..." if the text
    // is too long for the space available.
    LabelField title = new LabelField("Hello World Demo" , LabelField.ELLIPSIS | LabelField.USE_ALL_WIDTH);
    setTitle(title);

// Add a read only text field (RichTextField) to the screen. The RichTextField
    // is focusable by default. In this case we provide a style to make the field
    // non-focusable.
    add(new RichTextField("Hello World!" ,Field.NON_FOCUSABLE));
    }

/**
    * Display a dialog box to the user with "Goodbye!" when the application
    * is closed.
    * @see net.rim.device.api.ui.Screen#close()
    */
    public void close()
    {
    // Display a farewell message before closing application.
    Dialog.alert("Goodbye!");
    System.exit(0);

super.close();
    }
    }
    [/PHP]

Okay now think of a game. As for the themes they haven't even released the kit yet so no themes are even in the making. I wouldn't hold your breath for either games or themes for atleast a few months.
    12-21-08 12:12 PM
    Kinda sarcastic for a noob in these forums. maybe you need to read the forum rules. Why not simply NOT post if you are simply going to put a person down?
    12-21-08 12:15 PM
    Kinda sarcastic for a noob in these forums. maybe you need to read the forum rules. Why not simply NOT post if you are simply going to put a person down?
    Um because it was funny and i wanted to, ban me if youd like. O thats right your NOT a mod, you just act like one.

ps - nothing gayer then using the word "noob"

12-21-08 04:10 PM
    The App store didn't even launch for well over like 2 years if I'm not mistaken. It didn't launch until after the 3g was released correct?

Ours is going to launch in March which isn't bad at all
    The iPhone hasn't even been out for two years, it's been out for a year and a half. The App Store was only released 6 months ago, which means the iPhone was out for a year before the App Store was released, not 2 years.
    12-21-08 06:46 PM
    The iPhone hasn't even been out for two years, it's been out for a year and a half. The App Store was only released 6 months ago, which means the iPhone was out for a year before the App Store was released, not 2 years.
    Okay thanks for the correction. It seems like a lot longer though. Anyways the case still stands we have 11 months to release the app store to be comparable to apple.

A lot of people have this miss conceptions that the iphone was perfect at launch and had 100k applications and this and that.
    12-21-08 06:56 PM
    well i am going to have to agree, it is an awsome phone, but , i am getting bored of it with out any apps...
    12-21-08 07:00 PM
    I didn't think anyone would think I was serious in saying that there were 100,000 apps released at iphone start.. sorry, sarcasm doesn't come through too well.
    12-21-08 07:16 PM
    I don't really care what apple has done, but I would like a couple of games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 07:24 PM
    Just go to CB apps store; there is some stuff for u to get a fix.
    Also u may want to take your time lerning this before u load a bunch of stuff.
    I reccomend Aierze card loader to start with. Also be patient when u order from CB because the verify your info.
    Hey I got solitare and I life word mole so I am good for now.
    I think I may delete brick breaker tooooo busy for me.
    12-21-08 09:13 PM
    the iphone 3g and app store launched with the app store...with not that many apps mind you either. Keep in mind the iphone platform was out a year before that as well
    12-21-08 09:21 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD