I use SurePress and yesterday my keypad started randomly selecting the wrong letters when I type messages. e.g. The "GH" will be pressed when I'm pressing the "BN" section or the "enter" key will be pressed when I'm actually trying to press the "delete" key (annoyingly sending BBM messages before I want them sent! lol)

Also it seems as if the screen is less sensitive and doesn't swipe as smoothly.
    If I'm holding the phone in my hand the screen swipes "ok" but if I place it on the table it will just about recognise my touch (this NEVER used to happen).

I'm not sure if it's water related or if it has something to do with the fact that I upgraded my OS last week (.78 to .151).

Any ideas or previous experiences?
    09-15-09 07:43 AM
    151 is pretty stable. DID you get the sucker wet?
    09-15-09 07:45 AM
    I doubt that the upgrade to .151 is the problem. .151 is an excellent OS. If I had to guess, I would say that there must be moisture under the screen. My friend's Storm was doing the exact same thing that you described. He took it back to Verizon for a replacement.
    09-15-09 07:47 AM
    I used to have the trouble of putting the device down and not being able to get response when touching it, but i ran .109 on my storm. I have not read any complaints like this, so i second pk's question, did it get exposed to moisture or dropped?
    09-15-09 07:47 AM
    Wow PK, you beat me to the punch!
    09-15-09 07:48 AM
    I got caught in a little rain yesterday afternoon and it started going funny yesterday evening. I have had water get on it before though!

If it is down to moisture how can I get the screen back to the way it was?

Vodafone in the UK won't replace the phone now because upgrading your OS invalidates your warranty according to them!
    09-15-09 07:53 AM
    I got caught in a little rain yesterday afternoon and it started going funny yesterday evening. I have had water get on it before though!

If it is down to moisture how can I get the screen back to the way it was?

Vodafone in the UK won't replace the phone now because upgrading your OS invalidates your warranty according to them!
    Do the water indicators on the phone show that it was exposed to moisture? If not, downgrade the OS and take it back to Vodafone and see what they can do.
    09-15-09 07:54 AM
    Do the water indicators on the phone show that it was exposed to moisture? If not, downgrade the OS and take it back to Vodafone and see what they can do.
    Water indicators? What exactly am I looking for?
    09-15-09 08:03 AM
    You could try drying it. Take out the battery, and then put it in a bag of uncooked rice, or with silica gels (they come in medicine). Give it a good 24-48 hours. HOWEVER the damage may already be done. As for returning the Storm you COULD always downgrade the OS and play dumb, BUT be prepared for them to know what's up once they open it up and see the moisture sensor strip. It's actually inside the device so there's no way for you to check it.
    09-15-09 08:28 AM
    There should be an external one next to the battery in the back of the device, usually looks like a little white sticker.
    09-15-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD