Hello all

I got the storm a little over a week ago and when i would type i would use suretype with it upright and the keyboard layout was the same as on a house phone like number 2 would have ABC, 3 would have DEF, on and on it goes. Now after the update i cant seem to use suretype without switching to the QWERTY layout which i hate. Does anyone know how to change it back. I hate using multi tap though so that isnt an option for me.

Thank You
    12-11-08 10:01 AM
    Hello. If you hit the blackberry key in the message when your typing, there is a diffrent keypad you can use. Multitouch or something. I find that one easier then the 2 letters on the key. Then there is 3 letters on a key and works as a regular phone would. I find that better for me. But try to mess with it and check the options bud.

Nick
    12-11-08 10:22 AM
    i have been messing with it all morning and i cant get it to keep the multi tap layout and use suretype. With all the other problems ive been having chances are ill turn it back in for a different phone before my 30 days are up.
    12-11-08 10:32 AM
    Options >> Screen/Keyboard >> Portrait View Keyboard - Change the option to Multi Tap and save. Good to go my friend.
    12-11-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD