After I installed .419 on my storm I noticed that everytime I open a msg the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have to press show keyboard for it to pop up.. Its annoying having to press that buttob simce I text a lot.. Is this how its suppose to be???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 02:32 PM
    For sms! That is greaaatt before when u recived large text u got scroll and that suck ! I love it and most ppl like it!.. Try sms autoreply settings
    12-22-09 02:34 PM
    I noticed that too, but I like it better this way because I usually read a text before I respond to it. Makes it easier to read and then when I'm ready to respond I just bring the keyboard up.

And I'd also like to add that there have been some massive improvements in the function of the keyboard itself. Typing faster with very few errors now...no more extra periods, no more extra letters, no more missing letters, just what I actually type!
    12-22-09 03:01 PM
    Sorry for the hijack....

Has anyone used the Suretype mode yet? .328 has issues like when you want to type 'I' it selects 'J'. Little things like that.
    12-22-09 03:06 PM
    After I installed .419 on my storm I noticed that everytime I open a msg the keyboard doesn't pop up. I have to press show keyboard for it to pop up.. Its annoying having to press that buttob simce I text a lot.. Is this how its suppose to be???

All i did is set one of my convienance keys to virtual keyboard and that does the trick

12-22-09 03:13 PM
    just click the text box and the key board pops up
    .this is way better than the .328.
    12-24-09 10:54 AM

I'm like you - I liked it the old way. Probably because the texts I get and send are short, so I don't have a problem seeing them on the screen with the keyboard up. The feedback has been mixed regarding this in other threads I've seen. It seems to me like the best solution would be for RIM to make this user selectable under the options for messaging.

I feel the same way about the Contacts - I wish I could alway have a keyboard pop up when I open my contacts because I always need one to search with.
    12-25-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD