So i've had this happen on my last few storms (but i'm pretty sure it was happening before 5.0) anyways.... when i rotate from portrait to landscape when texting/typing and the keyboard is up...sometimes (probably about 50% of the time) when i rotate the keyboard will remain in whatever mode it was previous until i press on the screen which reveals the actual keyboard underneath. Anyone else have this issue or a fix for it?
    11-07-09 03:17 PM
    yep, OS 5 bug that i have seen in the last several builds....way to go RIM
    11-07-09 03:29 PM
    Speaking of the keyboard.... Why can't RIM put a period on the number screen? It is a pain to have to switch back to the letter screen to add a period when typing dollars and cents....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 03:58 PM
    There is a period on the number screen in portrait. But all you have to do is hit the space key twice and it puts a period in automatically.
    11-07-09 04:06 PM
    There is a period on the number screen in portrait. But all you have to do is hit the space key twice and it puts a period in automatically.
    Except that if you are trying to type something like "version 1.2.3" you'll end up with "version 1. 2. 3" with a bunch of spaces in the middle. You have to hit #<space><space><backspace> to get the same output..
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 11-07-09 at 04:36 PM.
    11-07-09 04:34 PM
    Speaking of the keyboard.... Why can't RIM put a period on the number screen? It is a pain to have to switch back to the letter screen to add a period when typing dollars and cents....

That would require someone at RIM to think. This is one of those stupid "duh" issues that seem to be common at RIM these days...

11-07-09 05:07 PM
    glad i'm not crazy then....i've returned my last two refurbs over the keyboard issue and finally on my 5th 9530 got a new out-of-box one...only to see the issue still there.

9550 have this issue? Anyone know? I'm about to go in there and make a scene.
    11-07-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD