Ok I have been messing with my storm for less than an hour but I have two big issues.

1. This is something I have not head from anyone else or in the reviews so maybe there is something wrong with my phone. When I am talking on the phone the speaker phone keeps coming on. I can feel my face clicking the screen so maybe I am hitting something? Anyone else have this issue?

2. No keyboard in the browser. I Have to go into the browser then click menu then show keyboard to see it. Anyone else having this issue?

***EDIT - please do not take this as I do not like the phone or you should not get it. So far I love it. I am just trying to work out user error vs phone error.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-21-08 at 11:01 AM.
    11-21-08 10:51 AM
    I think you can flick your finger up or down to pull up the keyboard . . . . i also think there is a button on the top left to lock the screen.
    11-21-08 10:54 AM
    oh i was flicking my finger alright... Did nothing for it though. I tried yelling at it a few times incase it was voice activated... but that did not help eaither.
    11-21-08 11:00 AM
    I have the same exact problem with the speaker. I will be talking then all of the sudden the speaker will kick on...
    11-21-08 11:00 AM
    I have the same exact problem with the speaker. I will be talking then all of the sudden the speaker will kick on...
    EXACTLY. Then I look at the phone to see how to turn it off and there are just buttons sayind add, add to conf and so on.
    11-21-08 11:02 AM
    Try hitting the BB menu button should give option to show/hide Keyboard.
    11-21-08 11:08 AM
    The only way I have been able to turn it off is by ending the call. I really don't know what is going on, I might have to go back to the store tonight if I can't figure it out.
    11-21-08 11:09 AM
    Try hitting the BB menu button should give option to show/hide Keyboard.
    It helps for u 2 read the actual post b4 u reply
    11-21-08 11:13 AM
    When you're on a phone call, there's a button on the screen that should say Speaker. The issue is, you're walking and you're cheek is making contact with the screen and that icon and then you're probably pressing down on the screen without even knowing, effectively activating the speakerphone.
    11-21-08 11:18 AM
    Great another reason to stop being a fat bas **** JK.... Civic any idea how to turn that off one it is activated? I do not see a speaker off once it has been turned on.

I have never had to think about what I was doing with the phone while I was on it. I should be able to rest the phone on my shoulder, press it against my face, drop it, switch ears all without the phone jumping in to speaker or muting. That does not seem to be the case with the storm
    11-21-08 11:24 AM
    Yeah, something they (RIM R&D with the blinders on again) didn't think about. Speaker On and then Speaker Off or Handset On. I need to look again.
    11-21-08 11:26 AM
    Great another reason to stop being a fat bas **** JK.... Civic any idea how to turn that off one it is activated? I do not see a speaker off once it has been turned on.

I have never had to think about what I was doing with the phone while I was on it. I should be able to rest the phone on my shoulder, press it against my face, drop it, switch ears all without the phone jumping in to speaker or muting. That does not seem to be the case with the storm
    I have the same problem with my cheek pressing buttons like Mute and Speaker phone or even Hold. I would have to say this is one of the most annoying things with the phone. I hope RIM will resolve this issue with future OS updates.

Regarding the keyboard in the browser. By default, the keyboard in the browser will not appear, this is because it takes up more than half of the screen. Press the menu button and 'Show Keyboard'/'Hide Keyboard'

Hope this helps!
    11-21-08 11:33 AM
    oh i was flicking my finger alright... Did nothing for it though. I tried yelling at it a few times incase it was voice activated... but that did not help either.
    That was hilarious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 11:39 AM
    I have the same problem with my cheek pressing buttons like Mute and Speaker phone or even Hold. I would have to say this is one of the most annoying things with the phone. I hope RIM will resolve this issue with future OS updates.
    I agree whole-heartedly. Its the biggest problem with it as far as I'm concerned so far.
    11-21-08 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD